all day hunts

deerhunter10

done it many times. but I would not walk 200 acres isn't much and it could hurt your hunting. but like said before sit in the nastiest stuff you can find and hold tight. get a good cushion and some snacks and something to drink. do not look at the clock even if you think a long time has gone by don't look at it.

Rackseeker

I usually do all hunts several times a year depending on deer movement and where I'm hunting. My first all day sit this year was at LBL, I like being on stand all day there because other hunters moving the deer. The key to me sitting in a treestand all day is plenty of sunflower seeds. I have been on stand all day 3 times in past two weeks. I can tell you one thing deer are moving good at daylight, 10-11am, then again right at dark, with this full moon. I took a nice 8pt at 11am yesterday.

Vermin93

Poser said:
It's basically a state of zen to sit in a stand all day. You have to "give in" in order to get there. At some point, you'll start fighting yourself and attempt to talk yourself into giving up. You have to overcome that. Once you do "give up", you'll know it. You'll feel content and your mind becomes free of outside thoughts. You'll have to turn your cell phone off and not know what time it is. The clock is your enemy.

I do the opposite. Cell phone on. External battery for cell phone in backpack. Miss seeing unknown numbers of deer due to checking tndeer and other sites during the day and texting people. Sadly, I don't think I could sit all day without my cell phone.

Boone 58

If the game chart says mid day is the peak I don't mind sitting.........but that is the only time I do it besides going to LBL.

Latest posts