ALABAMA v vols

BamaProud

Re: ALABAMA v vols

Yea, Alabama might not win another game for the next decade unless they can keep the referee payments on schedule. The way they disguise their obvious conspiracy by being the most penalized team in the SEC is pure genius!

Roll Referee$!

bloodtrailing

TeamMainStreet":2gj69kc6 said:
bloodtrailing":2gj69kc6 said:
TeamMainStreet":2gj69kc6 said:
Refs were not going to let TN upset Bama last night. That was the most blatant display of biased officiating for Bama that I have ever seen. Just a few that stood out to me were the mystery stoppage in play when TN lined up in wildcat on the goal line. Reset the clock? Please. Also liked the play where one one second came off the clock during a play when clearly there was more like 4 or 5. There was a lot more. Those were just my favorites.

Nice lightshow guys. ESPN did a good job with the broadcast making sure it was on full display. Im also glad they made sure we were all up to date on how Tua was. Oh and what his mom and dad were doing. And his little trip to the hospital in the ambulance. Just heard this morning that Maurer is still alive and doing well. Lol. Im sure the ESPN crew also enjoyed their victory cigars on the sideline. Did they make sure to give the refs one after the game?

Couldnt have #1 getting upset by TN with a #1 and #2 matchup coming up next week with Bama and LSU. I hope Joe Burrow and Ed cookiemonster Orgeron runs Bama out of the stadium. Yaw yaw.

The hurt is strong after 13 straight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It is and has been for all 13 of them. I hope its as strong for you when Saban is gone and Bama is nothing again. :D

I have lived through the ups and downs. They will have down years if that gives you something to look forward to. Bama will always be what TN wishes they were, an elite program with a storied history of champions.

RUGER

2-Step Enabled

I was very impressed with tn they looked pretty good
Alabama has their hands full and the quarterback for tn absolutely sucks and after that bs he pulled he would NEVER take the field for tn again as long as I was coach!!!!
They had a great shot at pulling off the upset but as usual they found a way to screw it up.
As for the refs, and I have no orange or crimson glasses on, they very well may have cost tn that game.
Pretty blatant in my opinion

But hey Michigan lost so it was a good weekend lol

gator-n-buck

RUGER":350lfj3a said:
But hey Michigan lost so it was a good weekend lol

I was looking for the rare trifecta this weekend but Ga messed it up by winning..... :rotf:

FSU - L
UT -L
Dang Ky..... :rotf:

Crow Terminator

You guys that saw the game on TV, got to see a lot of details and upclose stuff that people in the stands did not get to see and are not aware of. You go to a game for the experience...the stuff that you can't see or experience watching it on TV. The pregame and half time stuff is cool. The stuff that goes on in the stadiums during the commercial breaks on TV is also cool...the songs they play and how they get the fans involved is just an experience all in itself. You don't see any of that while watching on TV. The trade off is, at home, you are in your favorite comfy chair with elbow and leg room, and get to see every play up close, with commentary and replays. In the stands, there are jumbo TVs but most of the time they don't show what you guys can see and hear on TV. We had no idea what happened to Tua...we saw him get sacked and then the next thing we knew, Jones was in and we saw Tua being taken to the locker room limping a little, and we never saw him again or heard an update.

As for the penalties and ref calling. Like I say, you can't see most of that from the stands. Some of it you can see. I will have to find the full game on YouTube in a few days and watch it to be able to see all that myself. I know at one point, both teams had close to 100 yards worth of penalties. I don't know anything about them stopping the clock near the goal line, etc. Since getting home I have saw that mentioned but I personally didn't see or wasn't aware of any of that while there. I did think the penalty call on the TN player that sacked Jones was crap. He made a great play IMO. I would have liked to have seen him knock the helmet off Jones LOL but that was a good play and good hit. This happened right in front of the student section and they weren't being nice to the TN players when they got near that zone. Thus the added emotion reaction after the play from the TN player. I didn't like that call and believe it or not, a lot of the fans in the stands didn't like that call either. There were a lot of BOOs, even from us Bama fans. As the guy next to me put it after that call "This is football...they are trying to make sissies out of every spot...next thing you know, they'll have them playing two hand touch rules instead of tackling". I agree. He made a big play, should have forced a punt for Bama.

LY

[/quote]Ah the moral victory. Sad state when TN fans considers staying within reach of Bama as good as winning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/quote]

You bet! You must not have seen the first several games this year.

They've got the talent to be good again, if I heard right 80 of the 110 roster is underclassmen and 21 freshmen are playing or have played. What's frustrating beyond the horrible QB play is that by my count this is the third time we've had such a young team and are 'rebuilding' with young talent and not enough upperclassman with talent AND experience.

After Kiffin we lost a lot and had to start from scratch, Dooley didn't recruit or develop well, Jones recruited but had such assistant coach turnover among other issues that no one developed to their potential. For me the jury is still out on Pruitt, I really like the way they're playing now compared to the start of the season and with just a mediocre QB they'd get more wins and/or be more competitive. If he can keep recruiting and developing players along with keeping coaches, get a QB ready to play, etc, etc. LOL, then I like our direction. It's not going to be fast, but after 10 years just showing progress is better than nothing.

While I really like the progress since the beginning of the season, what I don't like and what gives me reservations is just how bad they showed up to play against GA St. There's no excuse for that and if there is to be a silver lining from it, it's that they (coaches and players) now know what ever they did wrong in their preparation and hopefully won't repeat it.

PillsburyDoughboy

0054bf0b472e927afdb5614b74e16128.jpg

Crow Terminator

How bout that Slade Bolton trick play TD pass? Haha Jones couldn't throw one, so they gave that a shot and it worked. Not seen that mentioned very much.

Another thing I have been wondering about. What is the deal with Tua's brother Taulia? To my knowledge, they have only put him in for a few snaps in only 2 games. His first snap, he handed the ball off and they scored a TD. The same thing happened in the other game he played in. To me, what limited stuff I have seen of him, he is a lot better than Jones. I guess the coaches know though, or Taulia would be the backup QB instead of Jones if he was better.

I wasn't a big fan of the cigar smoking thing. I can understand the tradition of the players doing it, but the fans doing it in the stadium was a big much. Cigar smoke stinks and there was plenty of it floating around.

20191019_200752 by Daniel Teague, on Flickr

gator-n-buck

I'm not sure across the board that the refs are doing a worst job. I just think there are more cameras and angles to catch everything on the field these days. This stuff happens pretty quick to the human eye. When they run all the angles in slow it down it's easy to see but the refs don't have that advantage. Football has always been a game of inches and the game is moving faster than ever.

I'm not for slowing down the game and reviewing every call because it all balances out in the end.

UT - 13-93 yards in penalty yards.
Bama - 8-93 yards in penalty yards.

scn

SEC refs have learned the art of evening up some penalties on Bama to downplay the screw job. The timing of the penalties is more telling. The bogus play clock stoppage when the Vols went into a trick formation on the goal line, the non-call on an obvious mugging of Jennings in the endzone after calling something much less on TN the previous series, and the phantom holding call on the Jennings touchdown pretty much tell the tale on the bias Saturday night. Yes, they had some makeup calls on Bama, but few of them were at critical points.

As long as Bama is playoff bound, The SEC office is going to smell those $$$$$$ and make sure nothing derails that train. Your Gators, because they are still in the playoff $$$$ hunt, got some SEC cooking as well on Saturday.

The SEC has to be the most corrupt conference in the country as far as officiating. I still watch the games, but for entertainment only as I know they are not a true sporting contest.

I'm not saying that the refs cost the Vols the game, but have no doubt in my mind that the outcome would have been a lot closer with refs from another conference.

buckaroo

We are the least penalized team in sec, stopping play when we were running wildcat??? come on, the qb push on the ground was ridiculous

RUGER

2-Step Enabled

scn":17x6kbh9 said:
SEC refs have learned the art of evening up some penalties on Bama to downplay the screw job. The timing of the penalties is more telling.

Winner winner chicken dinner!

It really was amazing.

Cracked me up when the announcer was like what was that?? The other one said, we are in Tuscaloosa. :rotf: :rotf:

buckaroo

At the end of first half when bama was going down field before field they showed the clock run off 1 scond on 2 consecutive plays, 1 second???, I repeat 1 second??

cbhunter

RUGER":1p5wlcii said:
scn":1p5wlcii said:
SEC refs have learned the art of evening up some penalties on Bama to downplay the screw job. The timing of the penalties is more telling.

Winner winner chicken dinner!

It really was amazing.

Cracked me up when the announcer was like what was that?? The other one said, we are in Tuscaloosa. :rotf: :rotf:

We REALLY need a like button RUGER!! make it happen brother!! :tu:

cbhunter

buckaroo":11079131 said:
At the end of first half when bama was going down field before field they showed the clock run off 1 scond on 2 consecutive plays, 1 second???, I repeat 1 second??

Spiking the ball to stop the clock takes 1 second, anything else is impossible

TreyB

TDW05":jqfu72v1 said:
TN is gonna be the better team real soon. They were last night by a long shot and deserved the win, but sadly the refs were as crooked as I've ever seen.

:rotf: they were not the best team and esp by a long shot

TDW05

2-Step Enabled

They played like that against Florida they woulda beat y'all by 3 TDS

elknturkey

TreyB":1gpge68y said:
TDW05":1gpge68y said:
TN is gonna be the better team real soon. They were last night by a long shot and deserved the win, but sadly the refs were as crooked as I've ever seen.

:rotf: they were not the best team and esp by a long shot
I see the delusion has carried over from volnation lol

Latest posts