ALABAMA v vols

TreyB

Re: ALABAMA v vols

I will take that bet.. But when UF beats TN again next year, you gonna buy a UF Fathead logo and hang up as well right?

TreyB

gator-n-buck":2gshboaa said:
TreyB":2gshboaa said:
I will take that bet.. But when UF beats TN again next year, you gonna buy a UF Fathead logo and hang up as well right?

You should be ashamed of yourself..... :mrgreen:

I only take bets if it is a sure thing. I would never bet this if I thought UF will lose. :rotf:

TreyB

OHSmitty":1pf305yc said:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: You must be a multi-millionaire. No make that a billionaire. Did you invent Vegas?

When it comes to UF and TN always take UF :tu:

gator-n-buck":3o0m7itf said:
I'm not sure across the board that the refs are doing a worst job. I just think there are more cameras and angles to catch everything on the field these days. This stuff happens pretty quick to the human eye. When they run all the angles in slow it down it's easy to see but the refs don't have that advantage. Football has always been a game of inches and the game is moving faster than ever.

I'm not for slowing down the game and reviewing every call because it all balances out in the end.

UT - 13-93 yards in penalty yards.
Bama - 8-93 yards in penalty yards.
I agree with you on that. What no one is looking at is even though the penalty yards are even looking they really aren't due to the fact of where the penalty yards were recieved. Tennessee picked up almost all thier penalties in the red zone and a critical 4th down bullshit call. They threw a couple of bs calls on alabama in non critical situations to make it look better on paper. I am %100 sure the league officials want to make sure bama remains unbeaten as much as they can for revenue gain. Bama would have won anyway, but it would have been closer without the refs and JG. Three plays cost us 21 points. Would have been a much closer game.

PalsPal

Hillbilly Hunter":o9ai81sc said:
What no one is looking at is even though the penalty yards are even looking they really aren't due to the fact of where the penalty yards were recieved. Tennessee picked up almost all thier penalties in the red zone and a critical 4th down bullshit call. They threw a couple of bs calls on alabama in non critical situations to make it look better on paper.

SCN pointed that out a couple of pages back. As I mentioned, what about the three penalties on TN on the same play? It Was obvious they were instructed to tighten down on the calls. I find it interesting which penalty was accepted and the other two declined. I'd be willing to bet that the one accepted would be the one most likely to withhold video scrutiny. I don't think TV replayed that play either.

Hillbilly Hunter":o9ai81sc said:
I am %100 sure the league officials want to make sure bama remains unbeaten as much as they can for revenue gain. Bama would have won anyway, but it would have been closer without the refs and JG. Three plays cost us 21 points. Would have been a much closer game.

Give us the 21 points, and lets see who wins ;) !

bloodtrailing

Soothe the wounds via conspiracy theory. Everyone is against TN, that is why they lose.

Never mind they had two losses early in the year and were a struggling team. Never mind the fact that they are not a team ready to compete at higher levels.

They never led in that game and were not going to win that game. Beating a terrible MS State team have you false hope.

Their best chance was to be competitive. I think they did that and played for 60 mins. That was the best part of Saturday that Vol fans cannot see due to their jealousy of Bama.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TreyB

OHSmitty":2xn47p23 said:
I think I'm more objective than anyone else on this thread, because I can't stand either Alabama or Tennessee. Yeah, Tennessee probably did get screwed by some bad calls by the referees. But football really is only about blocking and tackling. In any game, there are usually only 5-10 plays that determine the outcome. Alabama is a top 4 team, and like any of the other top 4 teams (really top 8 teams, which shouldn't include Clemson this year) for three fundamental reasons: (1) Alabama averages less than 10 missed tackles per game, (2) Alabama makes 5 or more, give or take, explosive plays each game, and (3) Alabama gives up fewer, give or take, explosive plays than their opponent each game (but this is the area that is Alabama's achilles heel this year). If one looks at the Wisconsin/Illinois game, the Georgia/South Carolina game, any game, you will see the outcomes came down to those three categories. And those all come back to blocking and tackling. Take the goal line play. Had the TN QB run the play as it was called, that was an easy TD for Tennessee. Instead, he had a brain malfunction or something, fumbled, and the fumble was returned 100 yards for an Alabama TD. Those were two plays in that game that resulted in a 14 point turnaround. Take the other 3 to 8 big plays in that game, and none had anything to do with the refs. But they all had something to do with a missed tackle, O line executing, or D line executing all resulting in a chunk play. Alabama simply had fewer missed tackles and more positive chunk plays than did Tennessee, and the same can be said for Illinois and South Carolina.

Good post

TDW05

2-Step Enabled

PillsburyDoughboy":90a2owsy said:
Some serious cheese plates need to be thrown around in this thread to go with all the Whine.

Just wait until LSU and Clemson and tell us how you feel then.

gator-n-buck

:D

Attachments

• ZomboMeme 22102019194115.jpg
    ZomboMeme 22102019194115.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 1,001

Latest posts