Alabama’s answer to CWD

Andy S.

Pour "more out" than your neighbor is a better description. Sounds like Kansas to me, set the account up at local CO-OP, spend $2-3k a year feeding and be sure you'll have deer come rifle season. Not my cup of tea. The word "hunting" has been stretched beyond anything I could ever imagine.

Tiny

I read about that somewhere else..

IF the current as mentioned was 100 yards n out of line sight.. ( Like GA used to be when I was down there except 200 yards )
What's the difference now?? Pay for permit and set right on top of it !!! Is bout the only thing that comes to my mind..

Pointless change in my mind..but disent affect me..

I do understand the concern on that were CWD is concerned...

Just Saying..

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

fairchaser

There's been no scientific testing to see if supplemental feeding spreads CWD more than natural occurrence. Right now it's a scientific guess. They feed in Alabama regardless of the rules. I've seen it with my own eyes deer feeding at a trough on rice crispies. It's not my idea of hunting either. Also mature bucks learn how to feed after dark. But it keeps them nearby. I still don't like it and hope we never get it.

BigAl

That's one thing I will agree with Nugent on. I have the benefit of watching deer interact a lot, and the mouth to mouth contact is frequent among deer. Not sure if "corn" spreads more than natural contact, but I doubt it.

Bone Collector

AlabamaSwamper":37wch9n1 said:
Legalize baiting

All it needs is the govs signature and for $15 you can pour it out and shoot deer over it.

I knew this was coming as soon as I saw the other thread... I guess they figure it is coming, there is nothing they can do to stop it, so they may as well get it over with... :roll:

Bone Collector

Tiny":1t9bhrwg said:

IF the current as mentioned was 100 yards n out of line sight.. ( Like GA used to be when I was down there except 200 yards )
What's the difference now?? Pay for permit and set right on top of it !!! Is bout the only thing that comes to my mind..

Just Saying..

I think it is just to take the "line of sight out of the equation. Pay to be able to see the bait pile or be closer than 100 yds.

Gobbler88

Andy S.":3f9fezp2 said:
Pour "more out" than your neighbor is a better description. Sounds like Kansas to me, set the account up at local CO-OP, spend $2-3k a year feeding and be sure you'll have deer come rifle season. Not my cup of tea. The word "hunting" has been stretched beyond anything I could ever imagine.
I agree 100% Andy. Nothing challenging about that.

Tiny

Bone Collector":cn61c8lp said:
Tiny":cn61c8lp said:

Just Saying..

I think it is just to take the "line of sight out of the equation. Pay to be able to see the bait pile or be closer than 100 yds.
Yeppie that's basically it..at least form the story I read on it..

Omega

Well, I must say I don't like TN's no baiting law as written. Not because I want to bait, I don't (for deer), but because even if you are unaware of a bait station, or too close to your non-hunting neighbor that wants to feed them, TWRA can charge you with it. The way I look at it, using feeders is not much different than using salt/mineral licks except you spend much more. And for those in hog areas, you can now bring them into shooting range easy enough.

Latest posts