A word on the TWRA Whistleblower Claims

mike243

So after all the years it has been around there hasn't been 1 deer that has shown to have immunity, I would think a lot of folks have been looking for 1 so it can be replicated.

Hawk103161

Spread over how many states and or foundations? a drop in the bucket of what's needed and a solution may never be found.
Well it's been here forever and a solution hasn't been found, They say it can't be slowed down or destroyed.
But like all things lets throw good money at it and see what sticks. How much has been spent already? Has it been slowed or destroyed anywhere???

mike243

So many people with their hand out diluting the $$ , hard for the none scientific to tell what's fact/fiction to use it on. Lot of hands get greased to let stuff slide.

backyardtndeer

They say it can't be slowed down or destroyed.
When something can live in the ground indefinitely and can possibly withstand incinerator temps, it will be very difficult to destroy. The prions aren't living so they can't be killed. A lot of really good questions have been asked over the past couple years and even in this thread, with no real answers from the experts. That tells me they simply don't know the answers, or for some reason are not sharing them.

The idea that deer may build a tolerance is interesting and I hope it holds some reality, but I am skeptical. While cwd had proved to always be fatal in deer, it is not an instant progression. People need to realize and remember the disease progression happens over time somewhat similar to Alzheimer's in people. So there are a lot of deer out there that are infected that are going about their normal lives, making babies and surviving. The question I have seen asked that I have never heard or read a definitive answer on was whether fawns from diseased does have cwd passed to them and how long their typical lifespan is. Biologists should know the answer to that, they should know if an infected doe has a fawn whether the fawn will also have the disease. I realize it may vary some depending on how far progressed the doe is before having the fawn. At the same time they should also be able to see if those fawns are showing any signs of having a tolerance or immunity. All this should be able to be studied, and may already have been.

Answers help educate us all. Time for some answers.

Flintlocksforme

Florida newspaper from last week. Different approach from Stop the Spread Tennessee.
IMG_6371.jpeg

mike243

That would be a lack of worry, somebody doesn't want to spend the $$ to determine how bad it is, $$ probably has to come out of the general funds

BigAl

The one thing I get from this is Twra should take a hard look at the testing procedure and controls to avoid contamination or false positives before posting results. I hunt the center of this and haven't seen a zombie deer. Occasional dead deer yes but that is nature - nothing out of the ordinary. IMO the count is over stated. CWD exists in nature and always will and nature will correct for it.
I live and hunt in the CWD zone. I have see a zombie deer. Got some pics somewhere.

Latest posts