2013 hunting goals

deerhunter10

Kill 2 mature bucks.
Film myself on at least one of my kills weather buck or doe
Kill a mature buck with a bow.
Have fun with family and friends
Introduce someone new to the outdoors
And try not to let the deer get the best of me! Lol impossible goal I know but I'll sure try.

Andy S.

1. Be safe and survive the season at all cost
2. Hunt new areas
3. Kill 3-4 deer with my bow to refill the freezer
4. Match wits with a mature buck or two and probably get my butt handed to me yet again :)
5. Have fun running my trail cameras
6. Help my hunting bud get his first buck 3.5+
7. Have fun making memories that I can reflect on in the future

Bayou Buck

With a little one expecting to be born in October, my goals are to put a few does in the freezer and hopefully get a few hunts in around the rut for a shot at a mature buck.

I also would like to get a deer off my new property in Williamson County. Its only 11.6 acres and will be bow only so it should be interesting.

UTGrad

My goals are to implement better scent control measures, exercise more patience when taking a shot, hunt stands only when the wind is right and have fun. I want to make the process as my goals vs the outcome. If I do a better job with scent control this year, hunt stands only when the wind is right and be more patient when taking a shot I will be happy.

Mike Belt

1. Have a safe and fun hunting season.
2. Put another 1/2 dozen deer in the freezer.
3. Bump heads with a couple of bucks that really get me fired up.
4. At least lay eyes on a buck or 2 that have been teasing me with their big buck sign the last couple of seasons.
5. Get a couple of WOWWERS on camera.
6. Hunt a few new areas.
7. Discover or see something new from the deer.

DKO77

1. Enjoy God's beautiful creation
2. Get Meat for the freezer
3. Get Horns for my 5 gallon bucket collection
4. Have Fun with family and friends
5. Find Raccoon that escaped last year
6.Try Not to Find anymore Rattlesnakes
7. Try to stay awake the entire time I'm on stand
8. Always remember to bring toilet paper

jb3

Get my 8 yr old more involved. Took him twice last year and he wanted to go more. He needed the extra year for maturity. Also, would like for him to help process one.

catman529

1 kill a few deer
2 kill one with bow from ground
3 get at least one good video of the impact, preferably with a bow
4 kill one with a bow on public land (shouldn't be too hard)

Guess I'd like to kill at least 1 buck too. I guess another goal is to kill bonus buck(s) on bonus hunts and possibly more than 3 bucks in a year just for the heck of it. But not in a rush to do it, just thought it would be cool to do once.

BSK

Mike Belt said:
5. Get a couple of WOWWERS on camera.

That's always fun to accomplish! But also highly frustrating, as we almost never actually see any of those WOWWERS with our own eyes. :(

WRbowhunter

-Kill a few more deer early this year to FILL the freezer as beef prices are killing me
-Get my son on some deer. First year that he can bowhunt by himself
- don't try to outsmart myself on deciding on which tree to hunt.
-Have fun hunting with my son and Friends

TN Larry

Bayou Buck said:
With a little one expecting to be born in October, my goals are to put a few does in the freezer and hopefully get a few hunts in around the rut for a shot at a mature buck.

I also would like to get a deer off my new property in Williamson County. Its only 11.6 acres and will be bow only so it should be interesting.

I went down that road three years ago with a little one due in October along with building a new house that year. I sure am glad that year is behind me. I just wasn't there mentally. I hunted a lot, but while I was there, I felt guilty the whole time thinking about what I needed to get done. I didn't get bit by the bug until around the first of January when season was almost over. Sorry for giving you something to look forward to. :)

Mike Belt

I'd have to add 1 more thing to my list. Our club rules are you can't kill your second buck until you've killed a doe (no matter when or how during the season you do it). Last year for whatever reason I didn't get that done before the rut. I killed my first buck then and went after a doe the next morning. I had a beautiful 140+ buck run does by my stand but couldn't get on any of them. I could have killed that buck though and all I could do was watch. I bet that doesn't happen again. So...

8. Kill a doe right off the bat.

BSK

Mike Belt said:
I killed my first buck then and went after a doe the next morning. I had a beautiful 140+ buck run does by my stand but couldn't get on any of them. I could have killed that buck though and all I could do was watch.

..One of the many reasons I don't like "Earn-A-Buck" programs.

Andy S.

BSK said:
Mike Belt said:
I killed my first buck then and went after a doe the next morning. I had a beautiful 140+ buck run does by my stand but couldn't get on any of them. I could have killed that buck though and all I could do was watch.
...One of the many reasons I don't like "Earn-A-Buck" programs.
I disagree that the Ames' system qualifies as a true earn-a-buck program. A member can kill any legal buck initially, whether you have killed a doe or not. Furthermore, a member has 35+ days of deer season before 99% of the bucks are killed (middle of November) to harvest his/her one doe that is required in order to kill two bucks. My .02

Latest posts