Hunting Bag

Lt.Dan

Y

yeah. I recommend a better pack man.
Last year I bought a $500 pack from badlands gear for like $150. Great deals the 13 days leading up to Christmas.
I'll doubt ill ever be buying another pack. It's great. And unconditional guarantee. anything goes wrong, they fix or replace. No questions.

I'm sure others pack companies do the same, but check them out. I bought the MRK3 for the times I hike in to hunt any significant distance. No more dragging dear that far. Quarter it up and pack it out. I've not used this pack to haul out yet... but it is 1000x better than the last pack i had. I would not pay full price, but they always have some good sales
I have a Badlands pack. I don't care much for it. My sandwiches get smoothed and I can never find anything in it without dumping the contents. But will say the quality is superb. And it is comfortable on the back.

Lt.Dan

Haven't seen anyone carrying a "butt out" tool. Along with a knife it is my highest rated object. I keep a monocular and range finder, food, first aid kit, and the wipes. I've mostly gone back to a minimal amount of stuff to carry. I remember the old days when you put a knife on your belt, bullets in one pocket and maybe a sandwich in the other and off you went to hunt all sorts of creatures, big and small. Now look at us, carrying 30lbs. of crap we don't need, but because some "expert" has it, we think we should too.

Lost Lake

Same here. Some of the guys are auditioning for Survivor
If you're simply putting on your best costume and shuffling out a couple hundred yards within sight of the house, you don't need much. Pretty easy to slip back to the house and freshen up.

If you're on all day hunts a mile or two out, it pays to be prepared.

deerhunter10

Man I feel ill equipped. Most hunts I have wipes, knife, and a grunt tube.
Same. I thought I had a lot turns our I don't have hardly anything compared to some. I have 2 pairs of gloves, a toboggan, range finder, grunt tube, knife, wipes. Sometimes Carry rattling horns. I'd hate to know how heavy some of yals backpacks are. We do keep our flashlights in our mule. Don't use one ever to walk in or out just to look for deer.

Ski

If you're simply putting on your best costume and shuffling out a couple hundred yards within sight of the house, you don't need much. Pretty easy to slip back to the house and freshen up.

If you're on all day hunts a mile or two out, it pays to be prepared.

Where I'm going definitely determines what I pack. At most I bring knife, pelvis saw, headlamp, wipes, grunt tube, and a couple bottles of water & summer sausage. That's if I'm planning a dark to dark deep sit or going miles in on public. But if I'm less than a mile from truck I don't carry much other than what I'm wearing.

Lost Lake

Where I'm going definitely determines what I pack. At most I bring knife, pelvis saw, headlamp, wipes, grunt tube, and a couple bottles of water & summer sausage. That's if I'm planning a dark to dark deep sit or going miles in on public. But if I'm less than a mile from truck I don't carry much other than what I'm wearing.
Exactly.

DMD

Tp
Facemask
Grunt call, can call, rattling bag
Bright eyes
Water
Coat and Warm bag (strapped to outside)
Knife and gut hook
Usually carry a granola bar in my pocket
Diet mountain dew (in my pocket)
Compass, whistle and lighter

Ski

Whats up with the wipes. Ive hunted for 35 years and have had to poop in the woods maybe 10 times. Now i pee like crazy but yall homies must be eating too mexican food or something lol

I've only had to poop in the woods a few times as well, but every time would have wrecked a toilet. Not a pleasant experience and not something I plan on doing. The wipes are an insurance policy for that unexpected "oh $h!t" moment.

And when I gut and drag a deer it's nice being able to wipe my hands and arms clean before climbing into my truck. The wipes aren't heavy and they take very little space. A knife is top priority and wipes are right there with it.

Latest posts