Season Goals

BigRod

1. sit back and watch Eli do all the work lol

he's told me his goals
1. be grateful for every second in the woods
2. kill 2 does early on so he can hunt rut without being tempted to kill a doe
3. take his little girly friend out to get her first
4. don't be so trigger happy (we have a few bucks on cam he wants to take out)
5. he also wants to get his mom out more, don't know how that's gonna go lmao

Last edited:

Rakkin6

Every year I try to have at least one goal. Normally i have a few. In the past it's been things like: spend more hours on stand, be in my stand earlier, see another piece of public, shoot more does, etc. This year my number one goal is to improve my scent control. I've always taken scent control seriously, but I don't know if I've developed some bad habits or what, but I had more deer bust me last year than I am comfortable with. I always have the wind in mind prior to planning my hunt, and factor in everything when it comes to entering and exiting my stand site. And i hunt high too, 20'+ most times. Still I had too many encounters go bad. So going back to some of my old best practices and would welcome any tips or tricks that ya'll believe in for scent control.

Also, and more to the point of the thread, what are some of the goals you guys have going into this season?
To put one on the ground before you do lol.

Chiflyguy

1. sit back and watch Eli do all the work lol

he's told me his goals
1. be grateful for every second in the woods
2. kill 2 does early on so he can hunt rut without being tempted to kill a doe
3. take his little girly friend out to get her first
4. don't be so trigger happy (we have a few bucks on cam he wants to take out)
5. he also wants to get his mom out more, don't know how that's gonna go lmao
Sounds like a way for Young Eli to stay out of trouble😀

megalomaniac

Get my youngest daughter a good buck. She has killed several young bucks, but last year was the first year she decided to hold out for a really nice one and ate tag soup as a result, despite 10 or 11 days afield....

Well, on second thought I kinda hope she doesn't kill one yet keeps hunting hard for one. I really enjoyed our time together those 10 days in the stand with her last year, and if she kills a good buck, I doubt she will want to go hunting the rest of the season.

killingtime 41

I seem to fall short of most of my goals every year honestly. Money is much tighter this year than last. Which puts more stress on the plate. But with that being said. I plan to get doe meat first and foremost for the freezer I've really been trying to be a better hunter. Reading and understanding the terrain and food for better stand placement. Getting better on the topo. At least I figure it'll up my odds

DeerMan66

As far as scent control goes. I do two things.
1. Wash all my clothes in scent away laundry detergent.
2. I use a cover scent called White Oak Whiskey. It's manufactured in Soddy Daisy TN. I hardly ever get winded after I started using this product several years ago.

As far as goals for this year. I'm on a new lease this year and this will be my first deer season while being retired.
1. Learn as much as possible about the new lease.
What I'm looking forward to is enjoying the deer season without worrying about work responsibilities.

deerhunter10

Season goals...
I would say enjoy it more.
I take notes but be more detailed with them.
Don't let myself get hung up on one deer.
If I could wish it to happen my goal would be to have good weather.
I tend to push the envelope a little early be a little more patient.

K-dub

My goals will be the same as it has been for 10 years. I thank the Lord every time I go for the opportunity to do it and enjoy his creation. I honestly don't care about antler size and how many I can take. I see 10 -20 deer a sit from one stand, all year long. I've not killed one in 5 years probably, but I've enjoyed every minute of watching creation wake up or go to bed. I realized one day that big bucks had become an idol of mine and from then on I couldn't care less about them. It made it a much more enjoyable and less stressful experience for me personally.

Latest posts