Season proclamation predictions

Bone Collector

If everyone recalls there was a survey on possible season changes.

My question is what do yall think may stick.

The ones I'm most worried/interested in opinions on is the deer season being broken up like it used to be and the allowance of straight wall cartridge rifle calibers during ML season.

What do you think the odds are those two pass or any others you saw on the list.

killingtime 41

Impossible to say what will pass. Whatever is best for overall herd id hope. But each county of the state can and is very different in herd density and carrying capacity. I'd need some proof as to why any changes would need to be made. As we all would like to hear I'm sure.to get behind any changes at all.

TheLBLman

Just keep in mind, what happens typically has more to do with the whims of some of the politicians with oversight over the TWRA. It's ultimately up to the "commissioners", not the TWRA biologists and degreed wildlife managers.

Sometimes the commissioners instigate some good ideas; sometimes their ideas are misguided, self-serving.

Ski

Did you see the "velvet" trophy buck hunts coming?

That one was a curveball. But I wasn't disappointed. Nor was I really surprised. KY brings a lot of money from out of state velvet hunters. The biggest surprise to me was that TN limited it to 3 days private land only. I figured theyd have just started archery sooner like KY. Regardless, they pulled a lot out of state money I'd think.

jlanecr500

Sadly, there is money involved. There will be changes. Allowing anyone in the world to fill out the survey was shady to begin with.

I remember season setting being done at the May meeting but they will likely show their cards at the March meeting.

Latest posts