Which stand? Millennium or Lone Wolf?

lungpuncher1

926ca703b17bda8872743423bc9678f1.jpg

This is what im doing. Millenium/ lonewolf frankenstand.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

fairchaser

Vermin93":qif59udo said:
I think one of the most important things is having a stand & stick combination that packs well together. If it were me and I wanted a mobile setup that would come in and out with me on every hunt, I'd get the Lone Wolf Alpha II with upgraded seat cushion or the XOP Air Raid, and I'd get climbing sticks to match.

I bought the Lone Wolf Alpha II and the matching climbing sticks for this very use but I don't think I can put it up on the morning of use without losing my religion. I've watched the videos where people can go up the tree one time and hunt; but by the time I get everything apart and situated on the ground with straps everywhere. Well let me just say its a pain in the butt compared with a climber. I am reserving its use to the times I just cant find a good climbing tree or where I can pop up a more permanent stand. As far as loc ons go, I think its the best!

TheLBLman

THIS particular new Millennium M7 Microlite is significantly lighter than anything from Lone Wolf, and every bit as uncomfortable :mrgreen:
Certainly a viable alternative to the Alpha II, although no where near the comfort level of the M100.

http://millenniumstands.com/products/po ... microlite/

8.5 lbs ----- 20" seat height.

That's 2 lbs lighter than the Alpha II, and the seat height is only 1" lower (or it's 3" taller than the M100).

Vermin93

TheLBLman":2h8ooxjz said:
THIS particular new Millennium M7 Microlite is significantly lighter than anything from Lone Wolf, and every bit as uncomfortable :mrgreen:
Certainly a viable alternative to the Alpha II, although no where near the comfort level of the M100.

That's 2 lbs lighter than the Alpha II, and the seat height is only 1" lower (or it's 3" taller than the M100).

I looked into that one that last year because of the crazy light weight. The platform length scared away me and my size 14 boots. I have an Ameristep stand with a 29" long platform and it's about the shortest I'm willing to go.

It would good for guys with small feet.... ;)

Millennium M7 Microlite platform: W 20.5" L 26"

Lone Wolf Alpha II platform: W 19.5" L 30"

lungpuncher1

TheLBLman":32gkj7nk said:

The m7 is like standing on a 5 gallon bucket. Not very fun in the wind with a bow.

Also you can't compete with the quietness of a cast aluminum stand like a lonewolf or an xop.

TheLBLman

lungpuncher1":2h25lfrp said:
The m7 is like standing on a 5 gallon bucket. Not very fun in the wind with a bow.
Can pretty much say the same about all the before mentioned.
The M7 actually has a wider platform than the Alpha II.

lungpuncher1":2h25lfrp said:
Also you can't compete with the quietness of a cast aluminum stand like a lonewolf or an xop.
This is the one area I give advantage to the Lone Wolf lineup, particularly when you plan to hunt the stand immediately after placing.
But for my usual long sits, the Millennium stands are much more tolerable.

There is no perfect, most ideal stand for all situations.
You NEED several different stands. :)
Each has some particularly better features over others.

Same can be said for climbing sticks, although if limited to one particular brand, my choice would be the Lone Wolf sticks.
I wish LW would offer a "double" top step on their otherwise near perfect sticks --- would add very little weight, and would only be needed on a single stick you carry.

lungpuncher1

TheLBLman":5k86f227 said:
lungpuncher1":5k86f227 said:
Can pretty much say the same about all the before mentioned.
The M7 actually has a wider platform than the Alpha II.

lungpuncher1":5k86f227 said:
This is the one area I give advantage to the Lone Wolf lineup, particularly when you plan to hunt the stand immediately after placing.
But for my usual long sits, the Millennium stands are much more tolerable.

There is no perfect, most ideal stand for all situations.
You NEED several different stands. :)
Each has some particularly better features over others.

Same can be said for climbing sticks, although if limited to one particular brand, my choice would be the Lone Wolf sticks.
I wish LW would offer a "double" top step on their otherwise near perfect sticks --- would add very little weight, and would only be needed on a single stick you carry.
I do have both and the m7 platform is unreasonably short.
Look at xop sticks, way better than lonewolf.

TheLBLman

lungpuncher1":7tcmcts6 said:
Agree, they appear to be a copy of the LW sticks with some improvements.

Are the replacement straps interchangeable, and/or either better than the other?
I'm needing some replacement straps and would buy xop's if they're better.

If you don't mind, please elaborate on those xop sticks being "way better" :)
I'm needing more sticks, and am not partial to any particular brand.

lungpuncher1

The xop sticks are designed by the same guy that designed and used to own lonewolf andrae d'acquisto.

When him and his son made xop they knew the flaws with lonewolf. They made the steps better by making them curve upward more, the versa buttons are a different design so they are easier to loop around and the way they nest together is better.

Honestly I like the lonewolf straps better though. They seem to lock in more in the teeth of the buckle.

TN Whitetail Freak

XOP Claims each stick is the same as lone wolfs sticks @ 2.5lb each stick....however there are many that say xop sticks are a little heavier. the foot peg on the xop are longer and curve upward aiding in eliminating hunting boots slipping off during ascending and descending. thats the difference i know of.

String Music

TheLBLman":2kc3zj8b said:
lungpuncher1":2kc3zj8b said:

Are the replacement straps interchangeable, and/or either better than the other?

They are interchangeable. I bought one of XOP's 1.5" strap to use on my Alpha 2. I like the extra thickness since I only use one strap and cam-lock my stand.

http://www.xopoutdoors.com/store/pc/vie ... category=9

String Music

TheLBLman":354w1ets said:
lungpuncher1":354w1ets said:

I think my next steps might be the Muddy (formerly Big Game) Aerolight steps. I prefer the dual steps and will sacrifice the extra 2 lbs per 4 sticks.

HunterVol1143

I have some of the Big Game version of the Muddy climbing sticks you mentioned and I really like them. Slightly heavier than my LW sticks (as expected) but having a step on both sides of the stick is really nice after hiking in a long way. Not sure about you guys but my legs can get pretty tired after hiking in with my gear and hanging my stand with most of my weight on one leg.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

McCoy

Hey guys I appreciate all the help and advice. I ended up going with the lone wolf setup and I love it. I added some molle straps and this thing feels light as a feather!

Attachments

• 20160909_172051.jpg
    20160909_172051.jpg
    103.7 KB · Views: 1,429
  • 20160909_172025.jpg
    20160909_172025.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 1,429
  • 20160909_171953.jpg
    20160909_171953.jpg
    102.8 KB · Views: 1,430

Latest posts