Which stand? Millennium or Lone Wolf?

McCoy

So for my next hang on i have narrowed it down between the lone wolf alpha and the Millennium m100u.

Ive read tons and tons of great stuff about both stands, both have their pros and cons but I was going to see if anyone had anymore input? I rarely ever hunt the same place twice throughout the season so this setup will be taken in and out for every hunt.

The m100u is way more comfortable but is way louder stand than the alpha. The price point of the alpha is a higher than I want to pay but is it a get what you pay for kind of thing?

McCoy

I have zero personal experience with either stand but from what I've read the lone wolf if cast aluminum so it's not hollow and it doesn't make the "clank" noise as bad if you hit it on something during setup or a limb walking through the woods. Of course that's definitely going to be a lot more quiet than any hollow welded tube stand. Just trying to get first hand experience on either stand.

Andy S.

10-4, kind of what I thought you were getting at. I have no personal experience with either, but my buds that hunt out of Millenniums constantly rave about them. Good luck with your choice.

Winchester

Hunt out of both and each has its pros, would have to say the LW is my favorite archery stand while the Mill would be my pick of the 2 to gun hunt from. Seat on the Mill is lil more comfoprtable but also lil harder to get up from with lil more movement required imo. Great stands

spoon

Got the millennium 150 which is too comfortable but very quite. Like Winchester said its little difficult to get out. Will buy another one

Dbllunger

Haven't tried the Lone Wolf but have hunted Milleniums for years. By far my favorite hang on stand. Incredibly comfortable and quiet. I have two that I will hang this weekend and leave for the season. No problems for me getting up and I like bow hunting out of them better than my Summit Viper. Did I mention they were comfortable?

Vermin93

I have the original M100 and the Lone Wolf Alpha II. Also have the M150.

Do you use Lone Wolf climbing sticks or something else?

My thoughts on the stands...

Lone Wolf Alpha II - love the stand, hate the seat cushion. About 5 years ago I upgraded to the Hunt Comfort cushion that was made to fit Lone Wolf hang on stands. It's a great cushion, but it was expensive and I'm not even sure they make it anymore. I would probably consider the XOP Air Raid, which is very similar to the Lone Wolf Alpha II and comes with a real seat cushion. Or, you could get the Lone Wolf Alpha II and also buy their Alpha Tech seat pad for $30. Or, you could suck it up and deal with the thin, hard, uncomfortable cushion that comes with the Lone Wolf Alpha II. Some guys don't seem to mind it. They must stand up during most of their hunts. As far as the stand goes, the construction is fantastic. It's rock solid, quiet, easy to hang and easy to pack. I added the Lone Wolf foot rest to mine, which I highly recommend. If I'm going into new territory with a mobile setup, then I'm most likely taking my Lone Wolf Alpha II and Lone Wolf climbing sticks. Sometimes I use their E-Z Hang hook system. It makes hanging the stand very easy, but you can't use it with the offset bracket, which is kind of a bummer. I also use the Ameristep back rest with this stand. It's super light and easy to pack. It makes a long sit way more comfortable by providing good lower back support and keeping your back off the tree trunk. Also, the adjustable platform on this stand is a great feature.

Millennium M100 - the problem I have with this stand is the seat height. It's several inches lower than most hang on treestands. For example, the Lone Wolf Alpha II seat height is 21". On the Millennium M100 it's only 17". If you're a taller guy, losing that 4" of seat height can be annoying. I'm 6'2" and I don't like sitting that low. As a result, I don't use the stand that much. I also added the Millennium foot rest to my M100. It helps, but the low seat still annoys me. The seat itself is obviously very comfortable on your back and rear end. If it had a 21" seat height so that my legs could stretch out more and an adjustable platform so I could level it on leaning trees, I would love this stand. I modified my M100 per Greg Fleming's YouTube video to make it easier to pack and make it more solid on the tree.

Millennium M150 - the Cadillac of hang on stands. It's got a huge and adjustable platform, the seat height is adjustable from 17" - 20", it's got a built-in foot rest, the seat is supremely comfortable, but it weighs about 20lbs. Not a good mobile hunting solution unless you already have climbing sticks hung in the woods. That's the only way I use it. I will not pack it along with a 10 or 12 lb set of climbing sticks.

I think one of the most important things is having a stand & stick combination that packs well together. If it were me and I wanted a mobile setup that would come in and out with me on every hunt, I'd get the Lone Wolf Alpha II with upgraded seat cushion or the XOP Air Raid, and I'd get climbing sticks to match.

McCoy

Guys, thanks so much for the help. Vermin, very detailed summary on the stands! You definitely have me leaning toward the lone wolf, I believe it will fit my needs best!

Vermin93

On the right is the stock Lone Wolf cushion. I personally think it's terrible. On the left is a very comfy Hunt Comfort cushion designed for Lone Wolf. I paid $60 for it in 2011, which is outrageous for a cushion, but it was worth it. The stock cushion is that bad, in my opinion.

As I said above, XOP provides a nice cushion with their Air Raid stand. Food for thought....

8e060c0997a43ad7aee4e85aa32509d4.jpg

baba506446a8e152cacfb9f12e923ef2.jpg

Strict

Love hunting out of my millennium 150. Don't like carrying it to the tree or hanging it.

TN Whitetail Freak

have you looked into XOP? I was in the market for the same sort of loc on to help me get in to those trees with branches instead of searching for straight branchless trees for the summit climber I went with the XOP Air Raid loc on with a set of xop's new stick from field supply. loc on $199 sticks $168 I modified it with a custom molle strap setup and wrapped it in suede camo and this thing doesn't make a sound.

lungpuncher1

Andy S.":2au5yoqi said:
McCoy":2au5yoqi said:
....but is way louder stand than the alpha.
How is it louder, during setup? Once either are set up in the tree with me sitting in them, I do not see how one would be any louder than the other?
If you hang and hunt with a cast aluminum stand vs a regular aluminum stand you'll understand. I have both and for a quick hang and hunt near bedding i go with my lonewolf everytime. With all day rut hunt i go with my Millennium.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

tree_ghost

TN Whitetail Freak":jq2slakt said:
have you looked into XOP? I was in the market for the same sort of loc on to help me get in to those trees with branches instead of searching for straight branchless trees for the summit climber I went with the XOP Air Raid loc on with a set of xop's new stick from field supply. loc on $199 sticks $168 I modified it with a custom molle strap setup and wrapped it in suede camo and this thing doesn't make a sound.

Nice setup!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

String Music

If you are packing the stand in and out each hunt, there is really no debate. The Lone Wolf or XOP is the stand to go with. If you were leaving the stand in the woods, I'd go with the Mill. As others have said, the thicker seat cushion is a must. I'd go with XOP for the price although I have never used one.

Latest posts