Whew, I'm whooped! New stand done!

megalomaniac

About 6h to prefab the shoothouse itself, which I brought up to TN. It took my son and I about an hour and a half to assemble the shoothouse on the carport.

It then took 3 of us about 4 hours to load the assembled house and skid steer with pallet forks and augur onto the trailer, haul it to the stand location, drill, sink, and quickcrete the anchor post, then attach the legs, set the stand, then attach the crossbraces, anchor chain, and build the ladder.

Another 30 minutes to attach the windows, install door latch by myself.

Another 2 hours of trimming hackberries to open up the view for maximum exposure.

About $700 in materials, and that doesn't count the elevator brackets i got for free, and a 4x8 sheet of 1/4 inch plexiglass for $1, and the tin for the roof i salvaged off a hay shed that got blown over this spring. (those 3 items would have added $250 to the total cost.)

The redneck blinds are nice, but not $3000 nice :)

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk

megalomaniac

hatnotch":2xmz3w03 said:
Looks good. I hope you get a monster our of it.
Ty!

I dont expect to kill anything out of it this year. Between my group and the neighbors, 10 bucks were killed within 1000 yds of this stand last year. I only have 1 shooter this year around this spot so far, and he's a cull. But all 10 bucks killed last year could have been killed from this stand.
d346656e80a44263d849bf285936ee57.jpg

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk

Latest posts