When to get out of your Stand?

TDW05

2-Step Enabled
I usually get in tree 30min to an hour before daylight and stay until 10 or 10:30 most the deer around my area tend to move anywhere from 7 to 10

Mike D

Very difficult question to answer since everyone is different. I would only suggest that if you go hunting that you get as much non hunting stuff done as possible so you don't find yourself wanting to go do some of that stuff because that alone will make you get out of your stand.

Other than that I would go along with what bowriter said.

volunteer1

Ill sit usually 3-4 hours. Im fortunate that I get to go quite a bit during the year. When on Im on Quota or Draw hunts ill sit longer. AS Ive gotten older I sit basically until I feel like getting down. I have a 3 and 5 year old and I enjoy spending as much time with them as I can so that has taken some precedence as as well.

Kingston

flyinpro said:
Sometimes when I get down by 1000 or so early season is because I'm thinking the deer have slipped into bed and are done moving until it's time to get a drink or it's time to move to a stagging areas for evening chow. Most of the time I stay in the woods some place else. Thanks and good hunting.

I usually start seeing deer moving again about 10:00

Latest posts