What do you use to disc food plot?

Stick & String

I have a small area (0.35 acres) that I would like to plant à food plot. What type of equipment do you use to disc the field'? I have a UTV but no tractor.

Ski

This. Save you some money. Spray twice. Sow and mow. Watch it grow.

I wish it were that easy. If you've got ground where that works then consider yourself fortunate. I've tried it several times on several plots and germination is sparse at best, and weeds come back to outcompete the plot seeds. However, every time I've broken ground I got good germination and a full, dense plot. IMO there's no substitute for breaking ground.

Snake

Depends on how hard the ground is. Radishes in my plots just grew up out of the ground, with only the root tip touching the ground. And their tap root grew 4 feet sideways just under the surface.
I have one I bought from a member here that hooks to the four wheeler.
Sportman's Guide sells a ton of ATV/UTV food plot implements.
I have one I bought from a member on here that hooks up to the four wheeler. Take my tiller to get it deep the take the disk to the ground . Someone close I'd let borrow the disk .

Last edited:

knightrider

I wish it were that easy. If you've got ground where that works then consider yourself fortunate. I've tried it several times on several plots and germination is sparse at best, and weeds come back to outcompete the plot seeds. However, every time I've broken ground I got good germination and a full, dense plot. IMO there's no substitute for breaking ground.
Weird i can get great spray and throw plots anywhere, even in the middle of the woods with a leaf blower. Winter wheat will grow on concrete

TNTreeman

I have a small area (0.35 acres) that I would like to plant à food plot. What type of equipment do you use to disc the field'? I have a UTV but no tractor.
I'd try to break the ground up some if I were you. That small of an area you could use a walk behind tiller. If you don't own one , rent it. If it's decent soil broadcasting will work but if it's hard pan never worked it'll be better broken up. JMO

Latest posts