What did you do today in the reloading room?

Jcalder

Stocked up
0BB14BE3-6E85-4FC9-8E2D-1A9F9C18A629.jpeg

portugeejn

Needed some 44 snap caps & after seeing that they would cost $25 or so, thought I could make some myself.

Bought the erasers 2 for 99 cents and that was the only real cost-the other stuff I had around. Used a .243 case to punch out the eraser, pushed the eraser into the primer pocket & trimmed off with a razor blade. Colored the lead bullet and base with the red sharpie. Suppose you could drill a hole in the brass, but decided the red sharpie was enough to distinguish them from live rounds.
71C56E4B-9775-48E0-9846-EB0607EE711F.jpeg

Lost Lake

Broke the handle on my Lee hand primer that I've had for over 20 years. Like an idiot, I didn't have a spare, and received the replacement in the mail a couple of days ago.

I don't like it.

I took the guts out of the new one and found they fit the old one just fine, albeit with a much shorter handle that requires a two fisted grip and more control to keep from flattening primers. I still managed to use it loading about thirty rounds of 8x57.

Gonna look at the Frankford Arsenal tool and give it a try I believe.

utvolsfan77

I've been using a Frankford Arsenal hand primer for about five years now after being severely disappointed in the quality of other hand primers made by major brands. Seems the big names kind of want everyone to prime cases on their presses, but that creates its own set of problems. I like having the ability to adjust the seating depth with the FA primer. I also like the fact that you can slide the feed cutoff on the primer tray to prevent primers from entering the primer.

portugeejn

Broke the handle on my Lee hand primer that I've had for over 20 years. Like an idiot, I didn't have a spare, and received the replacement in the mail a couple of days ago.

I don't like it.

I took the guts out of the new one and found they fit the old one just fine, albeit with a much shorter handle that requires a two fisted grip and more control to keep from flattening primers. I still managed to use it loading about thirty rounds of 8x57.

FWIW, I have used the RCBS priming tool for probably 20+ years and have been happy with it.

Lost Lake

I've been using a Frankford Arsenal hand primer for about five years now after being severely disappointed in the quality of other hand primers made by major brands. Seems the big names kind of want everyone to prime cases on their presses, but that creates its own set of problems. I like having the ability to adjust the seating depth with the FA primer. I also like the fact that you can slide the feed cutoff on the primer tray to prevent primers from entering the primer.
That's good to know. Admittedly, the old round tray Lee hand primer has been the only type I ever used. And, it was great until the pot metal handle gave way, which is a common problem with them.

All the reviews point toward FA , so I'm gonna give it a try. Thanks for the feedback!

Lost Lake

FWIW, I have used the RCBS priming tool for probably 20+ years and have been happy with it.
Good to know. The newer Lee design just doesn't sit well with me. Lee stuff has been okay with me for years, as I'm not a competitive shooter, just a hunter. It's always given me good reliable ammo. I'm pretty disappointed in the newer design on this primer.

Latest posts