Reloading Supplies

gtk

Staff member
Its been a while since I've done much in the reloading world. A long time ago I bought enough components to last my favorite rifles for a while, and i've only had to order bullets since getting started.

Now I have a new rifle, 6.5prc, and am wanting to work up a new load. Large Rifle primers are almost non-existent , and Large Rfile Magnum primers are impossible to find (for me). Also, power is unbelievably scarce. I wanted some reloader 26 and I don't believe it exists anymore. I was finally able to find some H1000 though.

On a good note, if I ever start loading for pistol again, I should be set. I found a case of pistol primers I didnt' know I had.

gtk

Staff member
I found some H1000 online, but buy the time I paid the hazmat fee I could have bought double the amount locally (when i found it). If RL26 comes available though, i imagine i will just suck it up and buy more to offset the hazmat.

Last edited:

Tiny

I was Lucky had n still have a good supply of stuff. Biggest thing n still is for us is finding at the right time certain bullets would like to try.
Have caught 2nd at Shooters Pro Shop occasionally.
Around ol Knoxville hard any hunting bullets other than Hornady.

Have a Great Day n God Bless All.

gtk

Staff member
I've moved 2x since I quit reloading so much. I just kept "on hand" what I used for my elk load. After unpacking a few more boxes, I found some more boxes of 100 LR primers ,and about 4 boxes LR Magnum primers.

I have a ton of small rifle/small pistol primers, I must have bought these on a whim because I can't tell you the last time I loaded for pistol.

I've got some stair-stepped loads 56.5 thru 58 grains of H1000 to test out this weekend with the 148 eld-x.

Latest posts