Wader boots leak - any sealants work?

cbhunter

If you wouldn't mind giving a update after season I'd appreciate it. I been looking at them since last year but haven't bought them because I don't know anybody with them lol. I'll probably go ahead and get some for next year but would like to know if they're good or junk.
They had a killer sale a few weeks ago when I ordered. @RUGER and his son loves theirs. I think Dylan's started leaking after a few years but ain't that the story with all waders these days?

Not sure if sale is still on

Ed B

I've got some of those as well. Don't leave them out all season, they will fade bad. We put a couple in our spread and left them last season, just to see how they held up. they're great for throw decoys, or something you're gonna put out for 3-4 days and pick up, but 60 days in the sun, they look very noticeably lighter than they do straight outta the box.
Thanks for the heads up, could easily see the fading issue. Luckily we keep them to toss out as needed and pick up after every use.

UpperTully

I've used a bunch of different products and always resort to mixing together paint thinner and clear silicon.

Mix it thin if you want to spray it with a sprayer or mix it thicker if you want to brush it on. I usually brush the seams, then spray the rest. Of course prep work is everything too.

The mixture will soak in and will dry leaving a layer of very pliable bonded silicon.

Works great on worn out breathable waders, water proofing tents or anything else needing water proofed.

CBU93

After almost 30 years of duck hunting some folks of the nastiest bar pits, sloughs, pit blinds, and timber holes in the MS delta the best remedy I have found so far I s to buy new waders…in fact keep several good ones available throughout the year.

GUNNERX2

After almost 30 years of duck hunting some folks of the nastiest bar pits, sloughs, pit blinds, and timber holes in the MS delta the best remedy I have found so far I s to buy new waders…in fact keep several good ones available throughout the year.

Looking online, Wing Supply has a line of waders on sale, that I'm not familiar with, that's pretty durn cheap. Guess they'd do in a pinch.

Ed B

Outside got a nice smooth bead of sealant, inside got the kitchen sink. Just hoping to get through the weekend, after additional research the 5200 won out.

I've done shoe goo in the past and it gets brittle over time. First impression, Aqua seal doesn't appear to come close to 5200. Time will tell, will report back.

Attachments

• 2CF4BBCA-4A80-430F-BE13-D114CA7307E9.jpeg
    2CF4BBCA-4A80-430F-BE13-D114CA7307E9.jpeg
    300.4 KB · Views: 41