It’s work to hunt in these conditions

Iglow

Yeah it's pretty awful now. Really becoming not worth the hassles. We had 69 in 19/20 then 71 in 20/21 along with blind 18. Over those 2 seasons we barely cracked 125 between all 3 blinds. Have not drawn the last 2 years. I want to hang up the waders permanently but I know I won't. I took a 15 year break from duck hunting in 2004 and I'm about to do it again. I have other hobbies that I can control the outcome better.
This is why I got another squirrel dog, if it's right I'll 🦆hunt, if it's warm I'll 🐿️ hunt.

WilcoKen

This is why I got another squirrel dog, if it's right I'll 🦆hunt, if it's warm I'll 🐿️ hunt.
Your plan is similar to mine this year (but deer not squirrel). My problem is that when we got this cold front, killing ducks didn't happen in the situation I had to work with. Maybe if I had drawn a blind this year I could have had a better outcome. I really live in the wrong place to have any success with ducks. I am very happy a lot of folks on here are having a good finish to the season though.

Latest posts