Wader boots leak - any sealants work?

Ed B

Our lodge in Arkansas got drilled by the tornado a couple weeks ago and my waders took a thrashing. At first look I thought they were okay but after testing them out they look where the waders attach to the boot.

Anyone had any luck with flex seal or anything to help get through the season?

Last edited:

Levee Jumper

Our lodge in Arkansas got drilled by the tornado a couple weeks ago and my waders took a thrashing. At first look I thought they were okay but after testing them out they look where the waders attach to the boat.

Anyone had any luck with flex seal or anything to help get through the season?
E6000 is good stuff for waders.

Ed B

In a pinch, gorilla tape is my go-to fix.

But don't understand about how you attach your waders to the boat :)
Ha, dang typos.

They are banded waders if it matters…two pairs. If waders are the worst I lose then we came out ahead.

Attachments

• E82AA124-3E04-437D-84F4-897D9ACF8160.jpeg
    E82AA124-3E04-437D-84F4-897D9ACF8160.jpeg
    295.6 KB · Views: 112

Ed B

I patched my banded once this year and had a new leak the very next hunt so I bought some gator waders.
I'll definitely pick up a new pair of something after this season, stinks because the uninsulated waist waders are perfect for field hunting.

Ed B

Sorry to see y'all got damage but like you said, if that's the only thing that got messed up, you come out pretty good
No doubt, just stuff that can all be replaced, we got beyond lucky.

Side note, the lifetime decoys are absolutely awesome. Quite a few were under all that crap and they all bounced back to shape and look brand new.

MickThompson

Back your silicone glue job with a patch of ripstop or similar fabric. It will keep the hole from pulling away from the glue. I had a pair of lacrosse knee boots split across the heel and got 3 more years out of them by doing this

TNGunsmoke

2-Step Enabled
Side note, the lifetime decoys are absolutely awesome. Quite a few were under all that crap and they all bounced back to shape and look brand new.
I've got some of those as well. Don't leave them out all season, they will fade bad. We put a couple in our spread and left them last season, just to see how they held up. they're great for throw decoys, or something you're gonna put out for 3-4 days and pick up, but 60 days in the sun, they look very noticeably lighter than they do straight outta the box.

GUNNERX2

I've had good luck with Lexel, a silicone base caulk that is clear and stays flexible. Got it at an Ace Hardware store but big box stores should have it. I patched a gaping hole in the boot area that flexes over 6 years ago and it's still holding. Someone mentioned using some patching material besides the sealant and I would agree. Lay down some sealant, work the patching material into the sealant and then top coat with another layer of sealant. Be sure to extend the repair well beyond the hole.

Mud Creek

only worn them once so far.
Very very comfortable. Durability is yet to be seen of course but have heard nothing but good things about them

If you wouldn't mind giving a update after season I'd appreciate it. I been looking at them since last year but haven't bought them because I don't know anybody with them lol. I'll probably go ahead and get some for next year but would like to know if they're good or junk.

TnKen

2-Step Enabled
I've used shoe goo with success. Prep work is key. I clean all dirt and mud off and then wipe with acetone. I then run a little sand paper over the area and wipe again with acetone before applying the shoe goo.