Vols basketball

TreyB

Good time Charlie":3rzoawjf said:
Penny has a top notch class coming in with the commitment of Wiseman.

Penny will be just fine at Memphis... I am sure every young coach starting out made mistakes.

Jon54

Good time Charlie":3uo4jsoj said:
Just took down a very good Memphis team to..in a slugfest.

Real physical game ,the refs ars silly ..as long as it goes both ways ..oh well

I'm a huge Tiger fan and we are FAR from a good team. Tubby Smith left Us with no one. Also, a 20+ free throw difference is hard to overcome.

Jon54

PalsPal":1qlothp0 said:
Penny was doing some major whining after the game.

"You could visibly see guys with their fists balled, talking trash to our guys. It was almost like a standoff. I was asking the referee why they were able to come across the line into our area and not get a technical."

Hardaway had an animated discussion with the officials before leaving the floor after the game. He said afterward he was told that the Vols players could come on the floor because Memphis had just called a timeout.

I know Barnes wants to play the game to help with recruiting, but this is a good example of why the series went on hiatus.

The entire orange team crossed mid court during the altercation. If you actually heard what Penny said, you'd react differently. It's hard to be a good loser but the Vols clearly don't know how to be a good winner. Classless

TreyB

Jon54":3pa7zyf5 said:
PalsPal":3pa7zyf5 said:
Penny was doing some major whining after the game.

"You could visibly see guys with their fists balled, talking trash to our guys. It was almost like a standoff. I was asking the referee why they were able to come across the line into our area and not get a technical."

Hardaway had an animated discussion with the officials before leaving the floor after the game. He said afterward he was told that the Vols players could come on the floor because Memphis had just called a timeout.

I know Barnes wants to play the game to help with recruiting, but this is a good example of why the series went on hiatus.

The entire orange team crossed mid court during the altercation. If you actually heard what Penny said, you'd react differently. It's hard to be a good loser but the Vols clearly don't know how to be a good winner. Classless

:pop:

Jon54

7mm08":x8yqm80s said:
Penny Hardaway was a thug and still is as he walked past Barnes without a word . Their Fouls were indicative of no discipline. Memphis basketball is classless.

You clearly are clueless. Penny is the furthest thing from a thug. The man has $100mm in the bank and got into coaching with middle school ball.

scn

Jon54":2t74amyg said:
7mm08":2t74amyg said:
Penny Hardaway was a thug and still is as he walked past Barnes without a word . Their Fouls were indicative of no discipline. Memphis basketball is classless.

You clearly are clueless. Penny is the furthest thing from a thug. The man has $100mm in the bank and got into coaching with middle school ball.

His actions since that game say otherwise. I'm not saying he is a thug, but, he is very low class with the obvious lies he has spouted to the media.

TeamMainStreet

TreyB":1fd84ebx said:
https://www.commercialappeal.com/story/sports/college/memphis-tigers/basketball/2018/12/18/penny-hardaway-has-strong-words-rick-barnes-press-conference/2354264002/

Clearly TN players came off the bench to the Memphis side... Didn't think any players are suppose to come off the bench during an altercation? Esp that far over into Memphis side of the court.

Guess it is a question of what coach do you believe.

The official explanation that Lil Penny got from the ref was that a time out had been called therefore both teams were Ok to be on the floor.

From what I saw during the game and in the highlight vid you posted, #2 Lomax was the instigator because he walked straight to Bone after Memphis hit that 3 ball and bowed up on him. Bone wasnt even in the screen when the shot went off. The Vols didnt come over to fight, they came over to gather their team mates to keep it from getting any worse. Several guys were in foul trouble already and didnt need anymore. JMO.

Penny hasnt handled this well at all.

wayne

Jon54":342znqzp said:
Penny is a unique coach. He's actually been there and done it. To say he's low clas shows ignorance
If 3 years as a hs assistant and 1 year as hs hc makes a coach unique...then yeah, he's unique.

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

PalsPal

TreyB":1rmtqlt9 said:
https://www.commercialappeal.com/story/sports/college/memphis-tigers/basketball/2018/12/18/penny-hardaway-has-strong-words-rick-barnes-press-conference/2354264002/

Clearly TN players came off the bench to the Memphis side... Didn't think any players are suppose to come off the bench during an altercation? Esp that far over into Memphis side of the court.

Guess it is a question of what coach do you believe.

Hmm, it was a timeout ;) !

Good time Charlie

He recruits and coaches well,, speaking of Anferne Hardaway ..But he is a bit on the thuggish side ..may be why the players throw in with him as they do
He will have a top 10 class this year ..Memphis has always had a pretty good team going back to Calipari. They were a powerhouse back in the day
They are better then people think they are this year ..they could very well make the final 4 ...just remember where you heard that.

Gravey

Jon54":2mbhbf1q said:
Penny is a unique coach. He's actually been there and done it. To say he's low clas shows ignorance
Penny was a heckuva player no doubt about it and i don't know if he's a thug or low class or not but to say because he has 100 mil in the bank he's not is way off. The nfl and nba are both full of rich thugs with no class. That said I think he'll put Memphis back on the map. He has tons of AAU connections and coupling that with his name will get him into many homes.

cardia10

The fact that Penny even tried to defend the flopping was hilarious. I've not seen that many bodies on the ground unless watching Lebron in the NBA or "fat people falling" videos on you tube. I understand trying to draw fouls, but it looked like Memphis was playing soccer.

Latest posts