UGA vs tOSU

EastTNHunter

2-Step Enabled
Well, since the original Peach Bowl thread devolved into politics and name calling, I'm going to start one of my own… please let's keep it classy.

First of all, from a Dawgs fan, Ohio State was a team that I felt was the biggest threat to the Dawgs, and they proved me right. They played hard, fast, and loose, and if they would have won then I would have tipped my hat to them and congratulated them. But since UGA won, I will still tip my hat to them and acknowledge that they played hard, and were a very worthy opponent.

What a game! But the irony of the ending as the New Year rang in was definitely seen firsthand by me, and is wrapped up well in the below link (sorry, the forum won't let me embed the video for some reason). My daughters were watching the ball drop in the living room while my son, wife, and I watched in my adjacent bedroom. We could hear my daughters squealing (for what, I'll never know; I never stay up for New Years) as the ball dropped, and we watched simultaneously as the kick was missed. I felt bad for the kicker, but was selfishly happy for the outcome.

Go Dawgs!

BamaProud

Well, since the original Peach Bowl thread devolved into politics and name calling, I'm going to start one of my own… please let's keep it classy.

First of all, from a Dawgs fan, Ohio State was a team that I felt was the biggest threat to the Dawgs, and they proved me right. They played hard, fast, and loose, and if they would have won then I would have tipped my hat to them and congratulated them. But since UGA won, I will still tip my hat to them and acknowledge that they played hard, and were a very worthy opponent.

What a game! But the irony of the ending as the New Year rang in was definitely seen firsthand by me, and is wrapped up well in the below link (sorry, the forum won't let me embed the video for some reason). My daughters were watching the ball drop in the living room while my son, wife, and I watched in my adjacent bedroom. We could hear my daughters squealing (for what, I'll never know; I never stay up for New Years) as the ball dropped, and we watched simultaneously as the kick was missed. I felt bad for the kicker, but was selfishly happy for the outcome.

Go Dawgs!

That is a cool pairing of videos. Its really a shame that just two or 3 people on this forum can't refrain from the childish name calling.

JBell

Ohio state has the talent to play with Georgia and showed it. I feel stroud should have been the heisman. His game is way better than Williams. Was a fun game to watch.

EastTNHunter

2-Step Enabled
GA opened as a 13.5 point betting favorite. Seems a little much IMO.
Yeah, I don't like that. I'm not a gambling man, but I know that the points spreads are oftentimes interpreted as how much better one team is than the other, and this spread gives the coaching staff of a very good TCU team a big "disrespect card" to play in preparations.

I don't expect any blowout for sure, but I do feel that UGA matches up better with TCU in terms of playing styles. With that being said I don't expect TCU to be pushovers at all, and they will still be playing with house money, so they may throw in a few trick plays and take lots of extra risks like OSU did. They will definitely keep their foot on the gas the whole game. It could easily be another close game just like the Peach Bowl. UGA needs to play better in the secondary, and get a more consistent rhythm on offense in this upcoming game or else TCU may pick them apart.

MUP

PillsburyDoughboy

That is a cool pairing of videos. Its really a shame that just two or 3 people on this forum can't refrain from the childish name calling.
So childish. I know that the forum is pretty much unmoderated now days. But when I was asked my a moderator to abide by the rules years ago i agreed to do so. . Its Something I do to this date regardless of moderation/ no moderation and regardless how childish people act towards me. People can act as childish as they want and I'll just keep on talking sports.

Trey13

So childish. I know that the forum is pretty much unmoderated now days. But when I was asked my a moderator to abide by the rules years ago i agreed to do so. . Its Something I do to this date regardless of moderation/ no moderation and regardless how childish people act towards me. People can act as childish as they want and I'll just keep on talking sports.
🤡

Urban_Hunter

Are…. Are you accusing people of being childish?

Mescalero

Go Dawgs!
It was one heck of a game. Heartbreaking loss for a Buckeye fan. I thought both teams played well with the exception of Ohio State lapses on D. Buckeyes had one too many skill player injuries to overcome.

Kirby is a really good coach. I just hope Ryan Day can progress in that direction. He's close.

PillsburyDoughboy

Classic, is it not??? 😂 In other news his bff and the biggest troll the sports forum has ever seen is in another thread saying Oklahoma fans are the worst. These Gumps troll and troll until someone calls them out then they play the victim and cry about it.
I never said anything about Oklahoma fans that I can recall.

If you were to say that I said that about auburn or vol fans I would have to say guilty as charged LOL

bowhunterfanatic

It was one heck of a game. Heartbreaking loss for a Buckeye fan. I thought both teams played well with the exception of Ohio State lapses on D. Buckeyes had one too many skill player injuries to overcome.

Kirby is a really good coach. I just hope Ryan Day can progress in that direction. He's close.
Your guys' o-line played one heckuva game. I knew y'all had the skill guys to compete, just wasn't sure your o-line could hold up. I thought the end of game coaching was very suspect. The final 3 play calls left a lot to be desired IMO, especially the third down play call. I felt really bad for the kicker at the end. It appeared nerves definitely got the best of him. Was a great game to watch not having a dog in the hunt.

Latest posts