UConn/Purdue

poorhunter

2-Step Enabled
UCONN is a complete and solid team up and down the lineup, both ends of the court. Game went the way I was expecting, Painter continued to try and feed Eady each and every time down the court, not even trying to get the rest of the team involved offensively. The rest of the team looked awful, but they are not bad players by any stretch. They were not even looking for their shots and it showed. UCONN defended Eady really good and Clingan gave him fits causing several missed shots. UCONN killed them in the boards, and I think that was the only game this season Purdue was outrebounded.

Best team won the Championship, and that doesn't always happen in sports.

PalsPal

It was an entertaining game for a while.

I did enjoy seeing Hurley losing his mind over the Eady non-calls, and there were several. Would love to have the transcript of their interaction after the timeout and Hurley was walking on the court to talk to a ref.

PillsburyDoughboy

ALABAMA played UCONN better than Purdue did. Almost a full game. Purdue looked lost after 6 min. ALABAMA the only team to give UCONN a decent run IMHO

Won't be surprised if ALABAMA does not leap them ( Purdue) in the polls.

Roll Tide.

cbhunter

Cam Spencer for UConn is someone you hate to play against. That joker was all over the court putting pressure on anyone and everyone. He gets overlooked cause he's not flashy doing windmill dunks but I'd take one aggressive player like him over two flashy dunkers anytime
I'll tell you someone else I enjoyed watching at that was Smith for Purdue. That little white boy can ball

poorhunter

2-Step Enabled
Watched several interviews by coaches and players since the game. UCONN decided to let Eady do what he does and concentrate on stopping the guards. They did that with great success. UCONN's guards annihilated Purdues guards the whole game, completely shut them down from the outside. I do think Purdue would have had a better showing if Painter had ran the offense differently, but there was no way he was going to do that. UCONN was still the better team and by far. Purdue was still the second best team with UT a close third, and Alabama somewhere in the top ten.

JBell

UConn's big man was big enough to push back on Edey. I think he was gassed by halftime. Most of the low guys in college are bean poles now.

Latest posts