Twra turkey population study.

cm1021

I can guarantee you that the TWRA understands the problems much better than we do. You keep saying "if" this and that and then say it is like talking to a wall. Dealing with people with that mindset is impossible and it doesn't bring anything constructive to the problem. Arm chair quarterbacks are hard to make happy because they usually do not understand the issues and challenges, they are too busy complaining.
The thing is, I'm not too busy complaining. I still do my share on my personal properties to help the population all I can. I trap more predators off the properties I'm able to than any of my buddies I know, they don't even trap! I also monitor the amount of gobblers and we limit the harvest on each farm to not deplete. Habitat improvement for nesting is increased each year by myself and my dad. So please tell me how I'm just complaining. Even though it seems the population is dwindling, I'm still trying to do all I can. It just seems like trying to bail out a sinking boat with a shot glass!

I don't have the answer, obviously no one does currently, INCLUDING twra! I think they're being way more reactive than proactive in trying to find a solution. It almost seems as if they're trying to grab thay LAST little bit of money before the population as a whole drops so much people stop hunting them.

catman529

The thing is, I'm not too busy complaining. I still do my share on my personal properties to help the population all I can. I trap more predators off the properties I'm able to than any of my buddies I know, they don't even trap! I also monitor the amount of gobblers and we limit the harvest on each farm to not deplete. Habitat improvement for nesting is increased each year by myself and my dad. So please tell me how I'm just complaining. Even though it seems the population is dwindling, I'm still trying to do all I can. It just seems like trying to bail out a sinking boat with a shot glass!

I don't have the answer, obviously no one does currently, INCLUDING twra! I think they're being way more reactive than proactive in trying to find a solution. It almost seems as if they're trying to grab thay LAST little bit of money before the population as a whole drops so much people stop hunting them.
It's a no win for the TWRA. If they are reactive, hunters complain they are too reactive. If they're not, hunters complain they aren't doing anything. Meanwhile they are working on studies all over the state that we don't hear a lot about, but they are doing the work to find answers along with the universities and NWTF. Now we have TFT in the game raising money to fund studies as well, they have started in Bama and Missisippi already. Don't complain about something if you don't even know what's going on behind the scenes.

Latest posts