TWRA method?

Southern Sportsman

The proposal has it broken into four units. East, Middle, "Midwest" (i.e., all of West TN except the MS River counties), and "West" (the river counties). But I think the proposed regulations are the same for 3 of the 4, so it would function like two units. But they could modify regs within those four units — hopefully before the dates/limits are finalized.

Stlbaseball1

Makes sense - therefore them modifying regs within each before the dates/limits are finalized likely won't happen, well because it "makes sense"…

Stlbaseball1

It blows my mind that they want to move back the start date and raise the limit in the MS River border counties. Though I should be used to this by now.
I agree with this 100% as well as the WMAs along the river bottoms in the rest of West TN. They used to open 2 weeks after the start of season similar to MS River border counties opening 2 weeks later the last couple of years. Why did they do this? To allow more time for breeding in areas that were struggling because of a couple of years of bad hatches. From those I hear, it seemed to have worked, so in true government fashion ( I know technically the commission isn't state government) let's change something that seems to be working. I just don't get it.

Southern Sportsman

I agree with this 100% as well as the WMAs along the river bottoms in the rest of West TN. They used to open 2 weeks after the start of season similar to MS River border counties opening 2 weeks later the last couple of years. Why did they do this? To allow more time for breeding in areas that were struggling because of a couple of years of bad hatches. From those I hear, it seemed to have worked, so in true government fashion ( I know technically the commission isn't state government) let's change something that seems to be working. I just don't get it.
Amen.

Latest posts