New turkey baiting method?

1712235302239.gif

Come on people. That's just sad…….

Gravey

megalomaniac

Sounds like a political hit job.
The more I think about this, the more I think you are right.

There are some high profile MS hunters opposed to this guy being on the wildlife commission (Will Primos is esp outspoken against him) because of his hands off approach to CWD instead of the 'kill them all' approach.

Coincidentally, he is up for reappointment for his commission position in a couple months. Combined that with multiple folks saying they know him personally and he follows the laws to a 'T'.

It really is looking like a manufactured hit job on the guy.

Bgoodman30

How the ef do you get caught baiting crickets? I have heard of this I suppose it may work if you keep em' well fed year round... But I hard to believe anyone actually tried it and got caught....

Jbird22

The timing is certainly coincidental if nothing else. When I first read it, my initial thoughts were that the landowner bragged in front of the wrong person about his "methods". The only thing that I can say for sure is that it's the most bizarre baiting story I've ever heard.

DoubleRidge

Several strange things about this story but I was amazed by the following comment:

"bought and released crickets onto the 500-acre plot they were hunting days before their arrival"

How many crickets would one need to purchase and release on a 500 acre plot to be considered baiting? Or how many crickets does it take on the ground for the Game Warden to walk around and look down and say...yep...your baiting with crickets.

What a strange story.

prstide

Several strange things about this story but I was amazed by the following comment:

"bought and released crickets onto the 500-acre plot they were hunting days before their arrival"

How many crickets would one need to purchase and release on a 500 acre plot to be considered baiting? Or how many crickets does it take on the ground for the Game Warden to walk around and look down and say...yep...your baiting with crickets.

What a strange story.

That was exactly my thinking—and by what means are they transported and released in such a quantity?! This is borderline ridiculous that they are making this about "baiting" unless it was some large scale cricket operation to purposefully frame this guy.

Latest posts