New turkey gun.

Huntaholic

i killed one with my model 37 Winchester in 20. wish someone made turkey loads in 2 3/4 inch...thought about having a gunsmith measure my barrel and see if there was enough meat to cut the chamber to 3 inches.
Nitro Ray has loads for them as well. Nitrocompany.com

themanpcl

No way! Shooting 3-1/2 12's is a lot of fun!! And so is this!! 😆

Bad Day That Hurt GIF by Tim Poulton
PREACH!!!! Mossberg 835 shooting 3 1/2", yup!

Wooden Arrow

3 1/2 inch twelves kick more than my ten gauge does, from limited feedback from friends. the heavier gun absorbs some of the recoil. a good friend bought one of the 5 1/2 lb break action singles in 3 1/2 inch. shot it twice and sold it. i'd like to have had it. you don't HAVE to shoot 3 1/2 inchers...

deerhunter10

PREACH!!!! Mossberg 835 shooting 3 1/2", yup!
I had one and man that thing would shoot a pattern. But after busting my nose for the 3rd time I sold it the next day. You wrap you thumb around and in an awkward spot to shoot you are getting punished. I am so glad I switched to 20 gauges don't even think about picking up a 12 gauge. With today's loads absolutely no need for it. Not to mention the difference in weight with my 20 gauges.

Rakkin6

Shot a 535 with thumbhole stock once with 3.5s, thought it broke my wrist😂
First turkey gun was a 535, I shot three 3 1/2" shells through it and said nope. Talk about rattling your sphincter! I still have the gun and hunt it. It throws great patterns with an Indian Creek .665 choke. And it's light to carry. But only shoot 3" and I do use a Kick Eez recoil pad now. I have an 835 also, so I guess I am asking for punishment.

I did pick up a Savage 301 20 gauge last year though.

Latest posts