Old Gun Gets A New Lease On Life

Tennessee Lead

Since having shoulder surgery last month and still not able to lift my arm turkey season has been in limbo. That's changed now thanks to Devin Hall at the Nashville Armory for drilling and tapping the receiver on my NEF .410 that I was given 30 years ago on my 10th birthday by my Dad and Mom.
I purchased a Sumtoy Customs mount and a Burris FF3 and paired them up on the .410
I've never carried anything but my faithful 835 but that's not an option right now.
I'm excited to have the reason to shoot this old gun again. I carried it squirrel hunting a couple years when I was a kid but it's been a safe queen since.
Now I have something my kids and wife can use as well.
It has a fixed full choke barrel and depending on the results I get with TSS I might have it cut and threaded for a choke tube in the off season.
I should be able to use my knee as a rest as always and control the gun with my right arm and if I need to swing left or right it's light enough that I can hold and balance with 1 arm.
IMG_4710.jpeg
IMG_4707.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_4709.jpeg
    IMG_4709.jpeg
    420.2 KB · Views: 8

Tennessee Lead

Awesome. I have an old 20 I want t to do that too.
2 years after I got this one Mom and Dad bought my younger brother a 20 for his 10th birthday. It's a fixed modified barrel.
For the last 3 years he's been killing turkeys with his and TSS 9's.
It's a big ole pattern but it's killing them just as good.
He's using the bead still. I'm trying to talk him into adding a FF3 but he squeaks when he walks.

Attachments

• IMG_8147.jpeg
    IMG_8147.jpeg
    533.7 KB · Views: 8

mike52

Since having shoulder surgery last month and still not able to lift my arm turkey season has been in limbo. That's changed now thanks to Devin Hall at the Nashville Armory for drilling and tapping the receiver on my NEF .410 that I was given 30 years ago on my 10th birthday by my Dad and Mom.
I purchased a Sumtoy Customs mount and a Burris FF3 and paired them up on the .410
I've never carried anything but my faithful 835 but that's not an option right now.
I'm excited to have the reason to shoot this old gun again. I carried it squirrel hunting a couple years when I was a kid but it's been a safe queen since.
Now I have something my kids and wife can use as well.
It has a fixed full choke barrel and depending on the results I get with TSS I might have it cut and threaded for a choke tube in the off season.
I should be able to use my knee as a rest as always and control the gun with my right arm and if I need to swing left or right it's light enough that I can hold and balance with 1 arm.
View attachment 221895View attachment 221896
You start using that 410 and you will leave that 835 in the closet

Latest posts