TWRA ruled against - AGAIN!

lafn96

Honestly, I have no problem with the Game Waren entering my land without a warrant if he believes a game violation is occurring. However, entering a property to install cameras to spy on the hunters is so far over the line I don't even know where to start.
It wasn't just the installation of the camera's - the landowner took them down, and was then raided by what was essentially a SWAT team to get them back. The camera's had no label saying they were TWRA property. If I see a camera on my land that's not mine - you're damn right I'm taking it down.

BSK

It wasn't just the installation of the camera's - the landowner took them down, and was then raided by what was essentially a SWAT team to get them back. The camera's had no label saying they were TWRA property. If I see a camera on my land that's not mine - you're damn right I'm taking it down.
If I see a camera on my property that's not mine, it is mine now!

Strict

That's borderline Gestapo tactics.
Should be unacceptable in a free country. A few weeks ago a man in Arkansas was raided in a night time no-knock raid. He grabbed a gun to see who was kicking in his front door and was murdered by the ATF. His crime was selling guns at a gun show and he was flagged as an illegal gun dealer.

Last edited:
When you're handed a hammer everything can look like a nail. Don't give them the hammer. When government officials think they can come on your property to photograph you or just kick your door down (as in the example above with the ATF) and then explain themselves later, we are all in danger. One way to solve this would be if people in Tennessee simply stopped talking at all to TWRA unless absolutely necessary. Boycott hunter safety meetings sponsored by TWRA, etc. Support non-TWRA Hunter Safety training. etc. Without the support of hunters, fishermen, and boaters TWRA would not even be able to do a basic job other than running around handing out citations. Maybe the head of TENNESSEE WRA will get a clue that they need to listen to the Tennessee legislature and courts and not a bunch of self-serving lawyers. I'm not holding my breath.

DeerCamp

Honestly, I have no problem with the Game Waren entering my land without a warrant if he believes a game violation is occurring. However, entering a property to install cameras to spy on the hunters is so far over the line I don't even know where to start.
This is interesting to me, because I don't really see a big difference in the two... and by that I mean one is a violation of privacy and the other is a violation of privacy. 😀

BSK

This is interesting to me, because I don't really see a big difference in the two... and by that I mean one is a violation of privacy and the other is a violation of privacy. 😀
So if an LEO thinks someone is breaking into your house while you're away, you don't want him to have the ability to investigate by entering your property?

DMD

So if an LEO thinks someone is breaking into your house while you're away, you don't want him to have the ability to investigate by entering your property?
He has probable cause and can enter at that point. I believe what everyone is against is a LEO on your property on a "fishing expedition". LEO's have right to come on your property if there are extigent circumstances, such as someone breaking into your house, etc. JMO

BSK

He has probable cause and can enter at that point. I believe what everyone is against is a LEO on your property on a "fishing expedition". LEO's have right to come on your property if there are extigent circumstances, such as someone breaking into your house, etc. JMO
From my original comment: "Honestly, I have no problem with the Game Waren entering my land without a warrant if he believes a game violation is occurring." Hence, probable cause.

SSlater

When you're handed a hammer everything can look like a nail. Don't give them the hammer. When government officials think they can come on your property to photograph you or just kick your door down (as in the example above with the ATF) and then explain themselves later, we are all in danger. One way to solve this would be if people in Tennessee simply stopped talking at all to TWRA unless absolutely necessary. Boycott hunter safety meetings sponsored by TWRA, etc. Support non-TWRA Hunter Safety training. etc. Without the support of hunters, fishermen, and boaters TWRA would not even be able to do a basic job other than running around handing out citations. Maybe the head of TENNESSEE WRA will get a clue that they need to listen to the Tennessee legislature and courts and not a bunch of self-serving lawyers. I'm not holding my breath.
After they screamed at me for being in a kayak 6 feet from shore without a life jacket, I've lost most of my respect for them.

DeerCamp

Without "arguing" with you here, I respectfully state that I don't think wildlife violation and someone breaking into your house (which could represent a threat to human life) are the same thing.

However, I suppose I agree with you that I don't mind entering the property if they believe a law is being broken. I just have a hard time coming up with a real life situation where that would happen and a warden would know about it but I wouldn't.

That's why I'm having a hard time applying the logic, to with which we agree, to wildlife violations.

BSK

However, I suppose I agree with you that I don't mind entering the property if they believe a law is being broken. I just have a hard time coming up with a real life situation where that would happen and a warden would know about it but I wouldn't.
If the Game Warden sees someone pulling out of one of my roads in a truck or on an ATV/UTV, I hope they would stop and talk to them. If it's me, super! If it's one of my family members, super! But if it's not, they are trespassing/poaching.

trkhunter

If the Game Warden sees someone pulling out of one of my roads in a truck or on an ATV/UTV, I hope they would stop and talk to them. If it's me, super! If it's one of my family members, super! But if it's not, they are trespassing/poaching.
so your saying its ok if its on a road pulling out of your property!!! not traipsing all over said property???? thats about as clear as mud!!!! i respect you BSK but might wanna clear this up!!!

BSK

so your saying its ok if its on a road pulling out of your property!!! not traipsing all over said property???? thats about as clear as mud!!!! i respect you BSK but might wanna clear this up!!!
If the Game Warden thinks there's some illegal hunting activity on my property, I HOPE he trapses all over my property! I want the violators caught!

That's ridiculous. So if a LEO thinks something is going on he should trespass, kick your door down, take pictures, grab whatever evidence he wants and figure out later whether or not he THINKS you are actually guilty of anything. Instead of talking with you about it first. And getting a warrant if he thinks he has "reason to believe" something is going on that is demonstrably a crime. I'm not so sold on giving up my rights that I trust the judgment of law enforcement bureaucrats more than using my own judgement first and making my own decisions about my life and my property. This is how we ended up having Joe Biden in the Whitehouse. Millions of blind acquiescent "we believe Government knows best" Americans.

Latest posts