Trophy rock source or alternative

416wbymag

I have been using them for years with great results. With Gander closed in Knoxville now, I am looking for a new source, I went to Tractor Supply, they had one 12lb. Won't be at Bass Pro for quite a while...

I am open to try something else... any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

chris1976

I would just get TSC to order me a pallet of them. Or you can contact SALTMAN on here. I think he still deals trophy rock.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Matador

Our local Co-op carries them. They can also order you the Redmond granulated in 50 lb bags. This is the same thing as trophy rock. I have switched to this and don't get any pieces carried off when it gets small.

TheLBLman

Matador":17az45v2 said:
Our local Co-op carries them. They can also order you the Redmond granulated in 50 lb bags.

Also, most County Co-Ops carry larger sized "trophy rocks" than do most retail stores (such as Bass Pro).

Personally, I use a combination of Red Trace Mineral Salt (extremely low cost) and Trophy Rocks.

DMD

Morgan Pro Hardware has the Redmond salt..they did last year, as i asked them to order it. It's right on the way to your lease, so you won't have to haul it as you go. If they don't have it on hand, I believe they would be glad to order it for you. Redmond is the same company that mines and sells Trophy Rock. It is the exact same stuff, just marketed to Cattle and Horse ranchers - at a MUCH lower price than Trophy rock marketed to deer hunters.

416wbymag

pastorbmp":1un0dmns said:
Morgan Pro Hardware has the Redmond salt..they did last year, as i asked them to order it. It's right on the way to your lease, so you won't have to haul it as you go. If they don't have it on hand, I believe they would be glad to order it for you. Redmond is the same company that mines and sells Trophy Rock. It is the exact same stuff, just marketed to Cattle and Horse ranchers - at a MUCH lower price than Trophy rock marketed to deer hunters.
We actually lost that lease a couple years back. it's TWRA land now..... I was fortunate though in buying 27 acres in Morgan County but it's on the other side off of airport rd. If 8 can't find it closer I will definitely give them a yell

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

MUP

Headhunter":2xr4udlo said:
sc8point":2xr4udlo said:
If you can find Redmond it is a lot cheaper and from the same mine. Some coops can order it.

Redmond is trophy rock.

I did not know that. I've had Redmond recommended to me from several acquaintances for the price difference between it and TR, but none informed me that it was still TR. Hmmmm. Good to know.

dhpro

My buddy that is over big daddy outdoor s was showing me a new product called Jurassic rock same as trophy rock but half price??

gobblesandgrunts

dhpro":2hcheld7 said:
My buddy that is over big daddy outdoor s was showing me a new product called Jurassic rock same as trophy rock but half price??

Ain't herd of that but big daddy's has always been fair to me. I'll check that out

dhpro

gobblesandgrunts":1bdjvyi2 said:
dhpro":1bdjvyi2 said:

Ain't herd of that but big daddy's has always been fair to me. I'll check that out

They are good people

Shooter77

2-Step Enabled
gobblesandgrunts":247kuhlv said:
dhpro":247kuhlv said:

Trophy Rock has changed their name to Redman outdoors. I noticed the past issue of QDMA had Jurrassic Rock as their sponsor now instead of TR/Redman. I thought they had changed the name till I looked them up. It's the same rock from the same area but seems to be a little cheaper. I wonder if it's not some of the Redman people that left and started it.