Trophy rock vs Trophy Rock 465

Bushape

Have always used the solid blocks with good results. My local feed store has several 30# bags of the 465 for like $12.99 which is a huge discount compared to the 18-20 pound block. Anybody know why it would be so much cheaper?? Will deer eat it and thus consume it so much quicker??

killingtime 41

Deer will eat any kind of salt you put out. Especially now in the summer months. Mothers are lactating and bucks are growing there horns. They seem to eat it up. Is it mineral salt if so use it.

utvolsfan77

Have always used the solid blocks with good results. My local feed store has several 30# bags of the 465 for like $12.99 which is a huge discount compared to the 18-20 pound block. Anybody know why it would be so much cheaper?? Will deer eat it and thus consume it so much quicker??
Yes they will, they will scarf it down within just a few days of putting it out. This really surprised me because it took a long time to see much loss on the blocks. I used it for three hunting seasons, but stopped and went back to mixing up my own and buying in bulk at local Co-Op.

Bushape

Yes they will, they will scarf it down within just a few days of putting it out. This really surprised me because it took a long time to see much loss on the blocks. I used it for three hunting seasons, but stopped and went back to mixing up my own and buying in bulk at local Co-Op.
That is what I suspected. My blocks will last a month. Not wanting to put something out to be consumed in a week.

DoubleRidge

I've used both....both work....but the smaller pieces of rock (Four65) do melt quicker and the larger rocks last longer....but even when the smaller pieces melt they will still dig at and use the mineral site....but I like the larger rock better just because I can see it making it easier to decide when to replenish.

Latest posts