Trophy rock source or alternative

416wbymag

SKFOOTER":2oh3vkdj said:
Richard's has the 12 pound rock on sale for $11.98 online with free shipping on orders over $49.
That's a good price but it's hard for me to buy from Dicks after all the stunts they have pulled....

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

416wbymag

I ended up at the Tractor Supply in Rockwood. They only had '12 pound' rocks but after about 20 minutes of sorting, I found one that was 18 lb and two that were 17 lb.

I bought a couple of bags of trace minerals to pour over the top of the rocks. I haven't tried that in the past we will see how it works.

Saw quite a few deer for midday as I was driving down Airport Road towards my place. Hopefully this will be a good season.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

JCDEERMAN

I quit using TR and Imperial 30-06 minerals several years ago due to budget constraints....went to plain old trace mineral from co-op and I have not seen a single difference. Now that I can afford the more expensive stuff for my 7 licks, I have no reason to

Winchester

Loose trace mineral salt is every bit as effective and cost a fraction, readily available at any Co-op

Matador

TreeTop":3s1o13x4 said:
$2.00 worth of Morton salt on a stump or a hole in the ground works just as well
Morton salt or any salt will work but if you want to see which one works the best put them about 15 yards apart and see which one gets the most use. Others may differ, but I actually did this as an experiment and as long as I kept both fresh they stayed on the Redmond granulated (trophy rock).

WG3

91b6d922fb5bb74f37e6628dbe6fb682.jpg

This is at the Coop in Loudon TN. 20lb rocks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BULL MOOSE

Redmond is exact same product as the rock. If you don't want them digging a pit, dig a hole and put the salt in a 5 gallon bucket or small kiddie pool.

BULL MOOSE

Redmond is exact same product as the rock. If you don't want them digging a pit, dig a hole and put the salt in a 5 gallon bucket or small kiddie pool.

ttf909

Matador":3lkj9sgl said:
Our local Co-op carries them. They can also order you the Redmond granulated in 50 lb bags. This is the same thing as trophy rock. I have switched to this and don't get any pieces carried off when it gets small.
The one in Bradley county will not order it . Lackluster bunch to say the least and still waiting on my fertilizer delivery from 2 years ago .

Latest posts