To pee, or not to pee?

Bullit

2-Step Enabled
I use to bottle it now and I let it fly and don't see any difference. They still come right by the tree that I am in. I even pee in scrapes when I can.

120+

Peeing in scrapes has been the best pictures I've gotten. I don't think twice about it.
As another said, just don't get caught holding the wrong thing.

dhpro

How many of you guys pee from your stand or blind?
Though the years that I've been hunting, I haven't seen much difference between peeing or not peeing.
I now hunt from a ground blind and was wondering that while sitting in the bind.
Golden showers make sit more comfortable

rem270

I've done it for years, BSK got me started on it when he started talking about it probably 12-15 years ago. When I moved to Arkansas and started telling people they thought i was the craziest person for doing that. Couple buddies that I bring up to hunt with me are convinced now but I still have one that doesn't believe I do it. Even sent him a pic of me peeing in one (turned the other way) and he still thinks I'm playing a joke on him lol.

I know one guy who is an avid hunter and makes a trip to Illinois at least once a year and sits all day when he goes there. He won't even pee at all and just holds it the whole time. That has to be miserable.

rsimms

How many of you guys pee from your stand or blind?
Though the years that I've been hunting, I haven't seen much difference between peeing or not peeing.
I now hunt from a ground blind and was wondering that while sitting in the bind.
Years ago I carried a pee bottle into woods... until one afternoon I didn't have one. Peed out of ladder stand, leaving a large puddle. Seconds later a 4-point came at me (I couldn't shoot due to antler restriction on property). It walked directly under me and LITERALLY stuck its nose down in my puddle of pee, inhaled three times very loudly, and then continued walking totally unconcerned. I've never worried about peeing out of stand since.

BSK

I peed on an owl once from my stand. I was peeing on the leaves below and an owl flew down thinking it was some prey rustling in the leaves. I didn't want to stop so I gave him a little shower. He shook it off and landed on a branch nearby. He seemed disappointed. True story.
Now that's a new one! Pretty dang funny!

BSK

Years ago I carried a pee bottle into woods... until one afternoon I didn't have one. Peed out of ladder stand, leaving a large puddle. Seconds later a 4-point came at me (I couldn't shoot due to antler restriction on property). It walked directly under me and LITERALLY stuck its nose down in my puddle of pee, inhaled three times very loudly, and then continued walking totally unconcerned. I've never worried about peeing out of stand since.
Back when I still bow-hunted, I had put a climber up in one of the few white oaks dropping acorns at the time. Having to go, I let 'er rip. Immediately a doe and her fawns came running in. The only thing I can figure was she thought the sound of the pee was the sound of acorns falling into dry leaves. The doe proceeded to the base of my tree, sniffed the pee, and then instead of leaving, actually started eating the pee-soaked acorns directly below me. In retaliation, I put an arrow straight down between her shoulder blades. One of the few deer I ever killed with a bow.

TheLBLman

I once had an owl land about a foot from my head, pre-dawn, as I was sitting in a tree, waiting on light.

I "thought" I "heard" something near my head, like a small wisp of air, but it was unbelievably "quiet" for such a large bird. Just had this eerie feeling that something was in the tree with me, but no idea what, not sure I had heard anything. Maybe it was just a falling leaf.

Then it squalled out a loud "WHOOOOOOOOO-AHHHH"! --- Right about a foot from my right ear!
THAT scared the piss out of me!
As before it "WHOO-AHHED", I just had this eerie feeling.

JCDEERMAN

I once had an owl land about a foot from my head, pre-dawn, as I was sitting in a tree, waiting on light.

I "thought" I "heard" something near my head, like a small wisp of air, but it was unbelievably "quiet" for such a large bird. Just had this eerie feeling that something was in the tree with me, but no idea what, not sure I had heard anything. Maybe it was just a falling leaf.

Then it squalled out a loud "WHOOOOOOOOO-AHHHH"! --- Right about a foot from my right ear!
THAT scared the piss out of me!
As before it "WHOO-AHHED", I just had this eerie feeling.
During bow season a several years ago, I had three gobblers roosted in a tree about 10 yards in front of me, but I didn't know they were there. It was just starting to get light and all three of them hammered at the same time. I about flew out of my stand. I was so overly shocked at the volume they produced, not to mention hearing gobbling in the fall. Scared me to death

Latest posts