Time to settle redblood.

baddnole

Gee I don't want to appear to be in a hurry redblood but I did listen to your insults against me personally and against Jameis Winston, #1 Draft pick from The Florida State University, Seminoles.

redblood wrote:
baddnole wrote:
Only time will tell Donkey. He will go to the Bucs unless someone trades up to take him #1 and gives up high draft picks.The Bucs will not take Mariota. He would get killed.

I actually hope you are right. The bucs deserve Winston, because he is a product of the Florida college football system, win at all costs perpetuated by fans like yourself, but it cant happen. It would not be logical and the risk would be too high with the first pick. First obviously is dizzying amount of serious off the field transgressions, that n one in a civilized country anywhere in the world can deny hearing about. It is not like that when he is implicated on some heinous crime the GM and coach can say, "We didn't know he was prone to this behavior". Second, you have a qb that is a far superior athlete to him in almost every measurable criteria sitting there waiting. Winston is simply not first pick talent. Mariota is Smarter (wait to the wonderlics scores are out), faster (Winston will be lucky to run in the 4.6's, mariota is already in 4.4's), more elusive and shifty, more accurate (although I know that Oregon receivers are always open- Mariota has 55 TD versus 3 interceptions this year with a 184.3 qb rating and his freshmen and sophomore), more attractive- I know that is not winstons fault, but females are the fastest growing segment of NFL fans and it is important for selling jerseys, and most important to me is obviously character (choir boy versus Americas most wanted). Plus the NFL'S ongoing project against sexual and domestic abuse makes it an even crazier pick.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/pla ... us-mariota

I do have a proposition for ya. Since you have been a Bucs season ticket holder since before I was born, and your finger is on the pulse of everything "Bucs", how about a friendly little wager. It is obvious the BUCS needs QB. Their last fist round pick, Freeman (Winston 1.0 with better morals) was a flop and their is no one on that roster who has a prayer of being a legit starter in THE nfl. So a QB will be drafted, assuming that Mariota does come out (we know Winston will be there, cause some believe he was kicked out), lets put some cash on that first pick. Say $100.00. The money can go to a TNDEER charity. We have plenty of witnesses, and If I lose I will pay and If I win, I will donate every cent of it. Bucs take Mariota at 1, I win. Winston at 1, you win. Someone else goes first, then the bet goes for the first QB off the board.

redblood I would like you to send $100 to Ruger at TN Deer. I read and comment on several topics in the different forums on this site. I really like the General Topics forum and the Gardens forum. I am sure this money can be put to use at his discretion. Ruger I'm sure this money can be used for servers and other things. Shoot ,maybe even a round of golf.
Thanks for engaging me in this wager redblood and maybe we can do it again in the future.
I know The Bucs play the Titans very early.

redblood

Indeed it is baddnole. I went to classifieds and and found the paypal link to taylor65 and will send it as soon as ruger or someone else confirms that is where it needs to be sent to. Just want to make sure it ends up in the right hands. I will gladly send proof of payment. I wouldn't consider not paying a debt. I did indeed lose the bet, in fact I lost 2. The other for 50.00. I also lost 100.00 when I predicted that Cutler would be taking before Vince Young. Forfeiting coin on football wager is something I excel in as of late.
But in reality, I don't think it was possible to truly lose, when you make a stand for what is right. I put my hope and faith that the bucs would choose a righteous man over a man who proved time and again, he was anything but. I clung to the assumption that the faster, more athletic, more fit, and more cognitive player would be rewarded. The winner of the only head to head meeting. The more intelligent (wonderlic) the more physically gifted (40, shuttles, vertical, BF) player with better stats would have to be the 1st pick. Well, I was in fact wrong in my theory and will dutifully honor my wager.
However, from the beginning one fact resonated with me time and time again. This was a bet that I couldn't lose. For I fought hard against one of the plaques sweeping across college football today. The rape of Erica Kinsman, the stolen crab legs, the obscene gestures, baseball field brawls and BB gun destruction were just a symptom of a bigger problem- a problem incubated by die hard college fans across the country. Fans like ol baddnole himself. Rapeis isn't the problem. Batey and Vandenburg aren't the problem. Von Pearson is not the problem. Like Winston, they are just symptoms. The problem is the fans. Fans so loyal to their "team" or "alma mater" they set aside their own principles and turn a blind eye to the destruction these thugs are creating on campus. Rather, than be a voice of outrage at their beloved institutions, they defend the players at all cost in fear that losing a 5 star player would jeopardize their holiest of sacraments- college football season. Instead of writing letters that would put pressure on the universities/alumni to clean house, they try to paint the victims as "cleat chasers" or "gold diggers" and paint grey areas for these attacks to be filed as alcohol induced misunderstandings. Citing things like the "bruises and lacerations indicate rough sex, not rape". Or "if she didn't want to have sex, she shouldn't have got in the car with him". Is the reality that the fans don't know what happened or they simply do not care, as long as FSU beats Florida or TN beats Alabama or Texas beats Oklahoma. It scares me to believe that we as football fans, even old codgers like baddnole, can dismiss these events without the 1st thread of contempt.
In hindsight, Perhaps my biggest blunder was to not look at the team that held the 1st pick. A Florida team with a coach like Lovie Smith. And now it is time to pay the tax of my mistake.

But tonight was a huge victory. Tampa Bay got their guy and they will reap what he sews, and we have all seen his farming skills. Whether it be his lack of physicality, conditioning or his off the field activities he can not outrun who he has always been. (well lets face it, he cant outrun anything).
But let the celebration in the Volunteer state begin. TN got the face of a franchise. A dynamic athlete with character who will lead by example every day of his life. Not a guy who preaches discipline in the huddle and show recklessness on the street and laziness in the weight and film room. A guy who will honor the game of football and his proud family name. And with his explosive physical skills, bring some excitement to LP. Miracles do happen in the Music City, and one happened tonight. We plucked the Duck!!!

baddnole

redblood":3tr3sr8e said:
Indeed it is baddnole. I went to classifieds and and found the paypal link to taylor65 and will send it as soon as ruger or someone else confirms that is where it needs to be sent to. Just want to make sure it ends up in the right hands. I will gladly send proof of payment. I wouldn't consider not paying a debt. I did indeed lose the bet, in fact I lost 2. The other for 50.00. I also lost 100.00 when I predicted that Cutler would be taking before Vince Young. Forfeiting coin on football wager is something I excel in as of late.
But in reality, I don't think it was possible to truly lose, when you make a stand for what is right. I put my hope and faith that the bucs would choose a righteous man over a man who proved time and again, he was anything but. I clung to the assumption that the faster, more athletic, more fit, and more cognitive player would be rewarded. The winner of the only head to head meeting. The more intelligent (wonderlic) the more physically gifted (40, shuttles, vertical, BF) player with better stats would have to be the 1st pick. Well, I was in fact wrong in my theory and will dutifully honor my wager.
However, from the beginning one fact resonated with me time and time again. This was a bet that I couldn't lose. For I fought hard against one of the plaques sweeping across college football today. The rape of Erica Kinsman, the stolen crab legs, the obscene gestures, baseball field brawls and BB gun destruction were just a symptom of a bigger problem- a problem incubated by die hard college fans across the country. Fans like ol baddnole himself. Rapeis isn't the problem. Batey and Vandenburg aren't the problem. Von Pearson is not the problem. Like Winston, they are just symptoms. The problem is the fans. Fans so loyal to their "team" or "alma mater" they set aside their own principles and turn a blind eye to the destruction these thugs are creating on campus. Rather, than be a voice of outrage at their beloved institutions, they defend the players at all cost in fear that losing a 5 star player would jeopardize their holiest of sacraments- college football season. Instead of writing letters that would put pressure on the universities/alumni to clean house, they try to paint the victims as "cleat chasers" or "gold diggers" and paint grey areas for these attacks to be filed as alcohol induced misunderstandings. Citing things like the "bruises and lacerations indicate rough sex, not rape". Or "if she didn't want to have sex, she shouldn't have got in the car with him". Is the reality that the fans don't know what happened or they simply do not care, as long as FSU beats Florida or TN beats Alabama or Texas beats Oklahoma. It scares me to believe that we as football fans, even old codgers like baddnole, can dismiss these events without the 1st thread of contempt.
In hindsight, Perhaps my biggest blunder was to not look at the team that held the 1st pick. A Florida team with a coach like Lovie Smith. And now it is time to pay the tax of my mistake.

But tonight was a huge victory. Tampa Bay got their guy and they will reap what he sews, and we have all seen his farming skills. Whether it be his lack of physicality, conditioning or his off the field activities he can not outrun who he has always been. (well lets face it, he cant outrun anything).
But let the celebration in the Volunteer state begin. TN got the face of a franchise. A dynamic athlete with character who will lead by example every day of his life. Not a guy who preaches discipline in the huddle and show recklessness on the street and laziness in the weight and film room. A guy who will honor the game of football and his proud family name. And with his explosive physical skills, bring some excitement to LP. Miracles do happen in the Music City, and one happened tonight. We plucked the Duck!!!

Almost brought a tear to my eye redblood.Post is still filled with untruths like always,only now you make remarks about Lovie. I hate the Titans wasted such a high pick on a non starter. Good luck to the Titans.

huntinkev

baddnole":2m4svgs3 said:
redblood":2m4svgs3 said:

Almost brought a tear to my eye redblood.Post is still filled with untruths like always,only now you make remarks about Lovie. I hate the Titans wasted such a high pick on a non starter. Good luck to the Titans.

The coach and the management said on the news this morning that they plan on him starting from the first game on, that he is their starter. Don't worry Mariota will still be starting and playing when Winston is either on probation or sitting in a prison somewhere. I don't think he can stay out of trouble and he will only get into bigger trouble with the paycheck he'll be getting. To me that was a wasted pick for the bucs, that is money down the drain and a big headache for management to deal with.

Mudbone

Bucs to the super bowl in three years, right badnole? Wanna make another 100 for tndeer? I'll take that bet!! :lol:

baddnole

huntinkev":2opye9ke said:
baddnole":2opye9ke said:
redblood":2opye9ke said:

The coach and the management said on the news this morning that they plan on him starting from the first game on, that he is their starter. Don't worry Mariota will still be starting and playing when Winston is either on probation or sitting in a prison somewhere. I don't think he can stay out of trouble and he will only get into bigger trouble with the paycheck he'll be getting. To me that was a wasted pick for the bucs, that is money down the drain and a big headache for management to deal with.

Thats pretty funny . Do you have that same ability to see into the future as redblood?LOLOL :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Mudbone

baddnole":3pai81sx said:
Mudbone":3pai81sx said:
Bucs to the super bowl in three years, right badnole? Wanna make another 100 for tndeer? I'll take that bet!! :lol:

Got $100 that says Winston and the Bucs will be there before Mariota and the Titans, Mudbone.
You losing faith in your golden boy? You thinkin it's gonna take more than three years now?

baddnole

There is a wager on the board ----Winston before Mariota $100. If Winston is so bad and Mariota so good ,sounds like easy money for you Mudbone. Did I say 3 years before? Could happen. I like my new wager better. You got a golden boy? All I ever heard was Winston is bad. At least redblood put his money up. I'm getting old Mudbone,would need to see that quote. You must know right where it is.

baddnole

Winston has played Pro Style offense for the last 16 years. I think he will do very well. Winston is a pure pocket passer.Without injury I believe Bucs go to the Super Bowl within 3 years. IMO. Young scored 6 on the wonderlic which shows he was a slow thinker even with all that talent. Reminds me of EJ Manuel. Mariota is a run if the first guy is covered.Don't think he will last long.All the successful QB"s have scored at least 24 except for Marino and he was low,about 15 if I remember.

Never said I guarantee ,said I believe. Just like I said I believe Winston is a better pick than Mariota.
Shoot Mudbone I didnt' realize you wanted to make money for TN Deer. Would have given you that same bet as redblood . Couldn't hear you tho.

Mudbone

I wouldn't have taken the bet redblood did. I would have bet the same way you did.

I've never said winston was terrible, nor have I said mariota was all that. You constantly say that mariota is terrible, and Winston is great. I have stated that I'd rather have mariota than winston because, like most of America, I think Winston is a punk.

Why did you start talking about wonderlic scores? Didn't mariota score high enough to be successful according to you?
There is a wager on the board. Your bucs in 3 years to the super bowl. 100$

And for the record, I feel the Titans could have done better with the #2 pick.

Latest posts