Skip to to the 6 min mark

cbhunter

They leveled the playing field is what he said and now he don't have an edge. Also recently whined about how the players acted after the last loss

1710274455066.gif

Spurhunter

He acts like developing young people was his life's work. He wanted to win and didn't give a fat rat's ass how. However, he could tell some dumbasses anything and they'd believe it.

BMan

He acts like developing young people was his life's work. He wanted to win and didn't give a fat rat's ass how. However, he could tell some dumbasses anything and they'd believe it.

Maximizing his paycheck was his life's work.

Nothing wrong with that, but be honest about it.

PillsburyDoughboy

One thing that is beyond dispute though, and it was mentioned in this clip: NIL will destroy college athletics as they have existed for decades. The genie is out of the bottle, and the athletes don't care.
Agreed.

Point he was trying to make and the blinders have been not seeing.

While I can see where all these teams that lost to Saban over the years have sour grapes. And it's many. Not many teams notched a W on the 6 shooter. He makes some reasonable , articulate and well thought out responses in this video.

He and his wife spend years grooming young men for their shot at the NFL, LIFE and beyond and now all they want to know is what are you gonna pay me today.

Says alot about the culture of college football TODAY.

Heck I might just have to start watching bowling .

THEdonkey0515

Why does a young man that signs a NIL deal stop someone from developing them? Why does coaching tactics, how you develop players or anything like that like that change because his now making Money? News flash in case some idiot didn't know most 5* players have been paid well in college long before NIL. So it's cool to develop college players that got cars and money under the table, but paying players the right way is horrible.

Dude needs to stop crying and enjoy his retirement.

Last edited:

PillsburyDoughboy

Why does a young man that signs a NIL deal stop someone from developing them? Why does coaching tactics, how you develop players or anything like that like that change because his now making Money? News flash in case some idiot didn't know most 5* players have been paid well in college long before NIL. So it's cool to develop colleghes e players that got cars and money under the table, but paying players the right way is horrible.

Dude needs to stop crying and enjoy his retirement.
Saban is fixing to make about 75 Million alone on ESPN. He is hardly lignin up for the EBT card line or crying. But thank you for the empathy. I'll pass it along.

BMan

Saban is fixing to make about 75 Million alone on ESPN. He is hardly lignin up for the EBT card line or crying. But thank you for the empathy. I'll pass it along.

That's what I don't understand about some people with big money. They never seem to want to relax and enjoy the fruits of their labors.

When the company I worked with sold in 1999, each of the three owners pulled $60-70M each. One bought a vineyard in Napa with her husband and made wine; one retired to his house in Palm Desert, CA and traveled the world with his wife; the third (and the oldest - he was 70) started a new company and bitched about not having any free time. Hmmmmm.... there's a fix for that.

deerfanatic

This is his quote he said his wife said to him.

"She said, 'All they care about is how much you're going to pay them. They don't care about how you're going to develop them, which is what we've always done. So why are we doing this?'

I'd like like to know which of their two multi million dollar homes she said this to him in. Hypocrite is all it screams to me. He made over 12 million coaching last year but he was only doing it to develop and help young people. Give me a break. Take that huge salary you made and donate 90% of it to less privileged and needy young men since your so concerned with their well being. Furthermore why anyone past a bama fan is really that concerned with his opinion is beyond me. Oh wait most aren't and realize he is only complaining and campaigning to make sure his school has their in level playing field they had restored.

Latest posts