Who’s going to win THE MASTERS?

poorhunter

2-Step Enabled
always a tough call. Dechanbeau and Scheffler played great today, and McIlroy had his best first round in a long time. I like Max Homa to do well, and Tiger played well so far which I'm glad to see. I just love the Masters and golf in general

poorhunter

2-Step Enabled
I play a couple of times each year normally in fundraisers and enjoy it but I can't sit down and watch it. I'd rather watch paint dry or grass grow. 😆
I'll watch golf over any other sport 😬 It was weird…I can still remember the first time I saw golf on TV as a kid, maybe 10 years old, I couldn't take my eyes off of it and liked it. Never saw golf on TV again until I was in college probably, but ever since I watch it every chance I get. Picked up golfing after college and played a ton until I was 40 or so, but unfortunately I only play once a year or so now.

PalsPal

I'll watch golf over any other sport 😬 It was weird…

They say that admitting it is the first step to a cure :p !

I played a lot during college (worked at a course) and until about 30 or so. Then kids, etc came along and I moved on to other things. I don't watch golf on TV, but I will admit I would watch Tiger some. I even flipped it over last night and watched a few holes of his round.

As far as the other favorites, I have no idea who any of them are.

fairchaser

The masters is special! I don't watch golf but I will watch The Masters. The place is so spectacularly pretty. I've played enough to appreciate how well pros can play. But, I don't have a dog in the hunt.

poorhunter

2-Step Enabled
The masters is special! I don't watch golf but I will watch The Masters. The place is so spectacularly pretty. I've played enough to appreciate how well pros can play. But, I don't have a dog in the hunt.
I got to play with a future tour pro (Jeffery Overton, and he even played on a Ryder Cup) who was from my hometown. In his sophomore year of college at IU, I joined he and his theeesome at the local course on a busy day. It was utterly amazing how much better he was than me! I thought I was good, but the difference between me and him was light years. Those guys are soooo good.

Antler Daddy

I will find out late Sunday afternoon and let you know.

I have two nephews that are nationally ranked in top 100. They play all over the place and at courses I could only dream about playing.

I have not picked up a club since my lower back went out 6 years ago in a charity tournament. Every vendor that calls me now is told they need a sporting clays outing and then call me.

DeerCamp

They say that admitting it is the first step to a cure :p !

I played a lot during college (worked at a course) and until about 30 or so. Then kids, etc came along and I moved on to other things. I don't watch golf on TV, but I will admit I would watch Tiger some. I even flipped it over last night and watched a few holes of his round.

As far as the other favorites, I have no idea who any of them are.
Up until 2 years ago I had played maybe 5 times in my life, and it was basically an excuse to be outside and drink beer with buddies. I liked golf, but I sucked.

Then my daughter decided to go out for the high school team. I committed to buckle down and get better at golf so I could help her. I built a practice area in my back yard and try to hit 100 balls a day. Last year we went to the St. Jude Fedex Championship at TPC Southwind on Sunday. Incredible experience and I think we are hooked for life.

It's ended up being awesome. It's not always easy to find something in common with a teenage girl.

DeerCamp

I got to play with a future tour pro (Jeffery Overton, and he even played on a Ryder Cup) who was from my hometown. In his sophomore year of college at IU, I joined he and his theeesome at the local course on a busy day. It was utterly amazing how much better he was than me! I thought I was good, but the difference between me and him was light years. Those guys are soooo good.
Seeing the best in the world in person last year at the Fedex Championship was mind blowing. They are surgeons with a 4 foot scalpel.

I can hit the same distances as most of those guys, but their ability to work the ball was intensely humbling. At one point we sat down at the end of the green on 6 and watched 7 or 8 groups hit into it. From 160-190 out, they might as well have been shooting rifles. Incredible.

PalsPal

It was utterly amazing how much better he was than me! I thought I was good, but the difference between me and him was light years. Those guys are soooo good.

I've never been any better than a bogie player. But, I never worked at it either. Had I practiced, I might break 80.

But, I had a similar experience with a woman a few years ago, and she wasn't even on tour, yet.

It was the TN State Women's Open, and they had a pro-am prior to the tourney. She was slight of build, but she had an effortless swing and the ball just exploded off of her club. It was humbling, but also very cool to watch a true professional at their craft.

7mm08

I will find out late Sunday afternoon and let you know.

I have two nephews that are nationally ranked in top 100. They play all over the place and at courses I could only dream about playing.

I have not picked up a club since my lower back went out 6 years ago in a charity tournament. Every vendor that calls me now is told they need a sporting clays outing and then call me.
Sorry to hear this. I hope that back is stable now.

I don't play. I respect the game. I like to go to a driving range occasionally but I dont need another addiction.

7mm08

Seeing the best in the world in person last year at the Fedex Championship was mind blowing. They are surgeons with a 4 foot scalpel.

I can hit the same distances as most of those guys, but their ability to work the ball was intensely humbling. At one point we sat down at the end of the green on 6 and watched 7 or 8 groups hit into it. From 160-190 out, they might as well have been shooting rifles. Incredible.
Yeah, but nobody dies if they screw up……it's just a game

What ever happened to Bubba Watson?

Last edited:

DeerCamp

Yeah, but nobody dies if they screw up……it's just a game

What ever happened to Bubba Watson?
1712933499876.png

If you say so....

Latest posts