Who’s going to UT-VA at Nissan Stadium

UT-longbeard

GBO!

Attachments

• IMG_7972.jpeg
    IMG_7972.jpeg
    404.6 KB · Views: 23

cbhunter

Wasn't happy with Milton's play , I hope it was just first game butterflies. His play today will not hold on the sec .
I had to work so didn't get to see it. Stats looked respectable but that don't always tell the entire story. I hope to catch a replay this week. Radio said 70% completion percentage

I did listen to a little bit of the game and got aggravated with a few of the throws in the second quarter

Grandslam11

Wasn't happy with Milton's play , I hope it was just first game butterflies. His play today will not hold on the sec .
I thought he did fine. You take out one drive there towards the beginning of the game and I think everyone is a little more at ease. He layed a bomb in Ramel Keytons hands for an easy TD, can't blame that on Joe. He will need to do better to beat good teams though.

PalsPal

Joe

I'm not that critical but there were some areas of concern. The first TD throw on the swing pass to the running back was perfect, and he was the 3rd option. Some of the throws across the middle were very nice. He did make some plays with his feet which we'll need more of.

But, he did force a few throws. He overthrew a few. He handed off when he could have kept a few on the read option. A few of his bombs he actually underthrew or the timing was late causing the WRs to have to break stride. Not crazy about his ultra-exhuberance when he scored a TD, etc, but hey that's picking nits.

He had no interceptions.

wayne

3rd down efficiency was terrible 5/13. I thought the play calling was a little too conservative, but I think Virginia played 2 deep safeties a lot to guard against the deep pass.
Db's have got to turn their heads around. Hadden could have had 2 picks if he would just turn his head. Atleast he did put his hands up when he saw the receivers hands go up, but usually when you do that without turning your head is because you're beat on the play. I think it was Burrell that did the same thing once.

Displaced_Vol

I thought he was good. Not great, room for improvement sure.
He put a ball right in Keyton hands that should have been caught and that pass to Bru in the end zone was a good ball also.
What I liked best, was the way he rebounded after a particularly bad possession. Second qtr he bounced one, then rocketed the next two passes to no man's land. Next time they get the ball back we've got back to back false start & hold. Way behind the sticks and that's when he competes the long pass to Keyton and the slant to squirrel or donte (can't remember) right at the goal line. He dumped that bad series and came back out and made plays.

All our backs ran really well and Virginia was dropping two deep all day. So, he didn't have to force anything and he didn't save for maybe one or two bad decisions.

Latest posts