The Gubment Brush Job

Pic IN the Casa

Here's the brush job the gubment contracted out with our license money. This is the blind my buddy got.
I guess we should be happy it has something on it but for crapsake at least let a duck hunter bid on a contract like this.

Not even a stick on the top, btw. LOL.
Screenshot_20211117-232327_Messages.jpg

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
Wow !!!
The ones I looked at in Gooch look a TON better than that nonsense!!!
With that being said, from my requirements they are still only just over half done.

Pic IN the Casa

I sure hope that is just the first load and they come back with a few more loads of brush.
My buddy caught up with the guy brushing another blind. He was contracted and out of Dyersburg.
He said he was a nice guy but said our blind was finished. My friend asked him to put more on if he could. The other gubment blinds looked about the same I was told.
We shall see.

Pic IN the Casa

My other fear is that these contractors have been down there so often, in/out, beating and banging that the local ducks have moved out of the immediate area.
The wade in hunting zone at Cheatham may have a good opening day. OR, the refuge is loaded with wood ducks.

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
This is 31 at gooch.
To me it and 30 are about half done.
Definitely needed more at the bottom to cover the dock floats and wire.

31 gooch.jpg

34 was alot better. Still had quite a bit of last year's brush on it. Basically probably just needed a touch up.
Still think maybe TWRA, or some other hunters brushed this one.

West_Tn

I hope people from across the state keep posting pictures of the poor brush jobs done on all of these blinds, so we can send them all in together as evidence TWRA can not follow through on any of their promises. It's such a disgrace that they have taken the best spots on every WMA and ruined them with these brush jobs. And that's how they look before anyone has even hunted them. Imagine what they are going to look like after Christmas.

Dodge Man

My buddy caught up with the guy brushing another blind. He was contracted and out of Dyersburg.
He said he was a nice guy but said our blind was finished. My friend asked him to put more on if he could. The other gubment blinds looked about the same I was told.
We shall see.
It looks bad now but if nobody adds more brush it will be nothing but a few sticks left by the last few weeks of season.

Pic IN the Casa

It looks bad now but if nobody adds more brush it will be nothing but a few sticks left by the last few weeks of season.
You know what? We've got it for only 2 days. So screw everybody else.
THAT is going to be the attitude about all of the gubment blinds.
When you get a blind for 60 days you take more ownership of it.

woodyard

Dang, Looks like my tractor grapple could have grabbed all that brush in one bite. A long ways from what rugers crew puts on a blind.

Sucky situation for sure unless they do get some more on it. I would be tempted to have some bundled and compressed to haul in the first morn to add to it. Of course more work and trouble.

TNGunsmoke

2-Step Enabled
Dang, Looks like my tractor grapple could have grabbed all that brush in one bite. A long ways from what rugers crew puts on a blind.

Sucky situation for sure unless they do get some more on it. I would be tempted to have some bundled and compressed to haul in the first morn to add to it. Of course more work and trouble.
And less room for decoys, people, and other gear.

Latest posts