Turn out the lights……

JagwalCrush

What a duck season! It was good, then it wasn't. Then, it became epic just to fall back off to average. Hope everyone had a safe and good season.
Now, the party is over.
Already trying to figure ways to make next season even better. Prepare the best we can and hope Mother Nature plays a little more favorably with us.
Everyone be safe hunting the youth and veterans hunts!

WilcoKen

Glad a lot of folks had a good season. Personally for me, it was the worst in all my years duck hunting. 2 weeks before the season started it was off track as far as where I was going to hunt. The group I linked up with were just bad planners and not well organized. I paid the "stupid tax" on that deal. Then I committed to only hunt the hard cold fronts and I stuck to that mindset. Even then, it didn't pan out like I hoped. On a more positive note--I had one of my best deer seasons.

Last edited:

TNGunsmoke

2-Step Enabled
Someone within earshot of Thorny Cypress extended their season by at least 30 minutes. They were still shooting hard at 545pm.
That happened at Camden Bottoms a couple years ago on one of the veterans hunts too. Think the blind that did it started shooting when legal time was over. They brought out 15, most every other blind was low single digits.

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
Someone within earshot of Thorny Cypress extended their season by at least 30 minutes. They were still shooting hard at 545pm.
My son got a last minute invitation to go yesterday afternoon.
He said someone was in the hole they were going to so they set up in another spot.
He said they hammered the whole time they were there.
He said at the end of legal times ducks started coming in where they were.
He said a good 30 minutes later they had the boat on the trailer and those guys were still pounding them !!!

We put in at Danville Sunday morning and he said yesterday they were a couple miles north of there. Not exactly sure where.

Bgoodman30

My son got a last minute invitation to go yesterday afternoon.
He said someone was in the hole they were going to so they set up in another spot.
He said they hammered the whole time they were there.
He said at the end of legal times ducks started coming in where they were.
He said a good 30 minutes later they had the boat on the trailer and those guys were still pounding them !!!

We put in at Danville Sunday morning and he said yesterday they were a couple miles north of there. Not exactly sure where.

On the TC pool? Or neighboring property?

Bgoodman30

We have TC6 for the youth hunt Saturday. I texted the GW yesterday maybe that's why he didn't get back to me... Busy day for them I am sure..

poorhunter

2-Step Enabled
Giving up waterfowl hunting has been a healthy decision lol. I would normally be depressed now that season is over but heck I didn't even notice it was in 🤣
Yep. I miss the good hunts and good friends, but I don't miss the work it took to not kill any birds or have a realistic chance of doing so. I was lucky to have had both parents that were born and raised in North Dakota and got invited one year by the guys that farmed my moms land there. Never duck hunted in the "south" again.

Bgoodman30

Giving up waterfowl hunting has been a healthy decision lol. I would normally be depressed now that season is over but heck I didn't even notice it was in 🤣

I tried to give it up but the addiction is real... I was fortunate I got to hunt some even without being a part of a duck club/lease since 2006 and still managed to be in over 125 ducks and 4 geese. Although it was not the same being a guest.. Not being a part of work weekends, setting decoys, planning the hunt, cooking meals and feeling like you're a part of something.. Sometimes feeling kind of like a bum... Honestly if I don't join a club next year I may try to give it up cold turkey but I doubt I can. Its all or nothing for me...

Hduke86

Yep. I miss the good hunts and good friends, but I don't miss the work it took to not kill any birds or have a realistic chance of doing so. I was lucky to have had both parents that were born and raised in North Dakota and got invited one year by the guys that farmed my moms land there. Never duck hunted in the "south" again.
That's where I'm at in my waterfowl "addiction". After making some trips to North Dakota and northwest Missouri. I think next season is when I'll pick it back up but I'll be traveling to hunt out of state with my youngest since he'll be old enough to help and enjoy it

Latest posts