Sooo... who is brushing the gubment blinds?

Pic IN the Casa

At Cheatham, none of the government blinds are brushed. According to the guys building the blinds TWRA has contracted out someone to brush them.

I WILL eat my words regarding my buddy's blind. It is now complete.

Blind is good and sturdy. No bench in the shooting area sucks. But that's just personal preference. And no bathroom. Guess a 5gal bucket will have to do for a good poop.
Resized_20211112_101539.jpeg
Resized_20211112_101548.jpeg

Pic IN the Casa

The way I figure, the first two days of the season will be local ducks coming out of the woods and back and forth from the refuge. They may be used to the commotion of all the blinds being built.

Hduke86

Going to take a huge amount of brush to cover good enough. I can only imagine how ducks will look down and see all that white walls and light color flooring. You figured they would have thought about painting the inside but that would have actually took some THOUGHT and common sense which seems to be like trying to shoot your limit in East Tennessee two days in a row….VERY RARE

Dodge Man

One of my first thoughts when the State discussed taking control of the blinds is how in the world will they ever get them all brushed every season and keeped them brushed. I understand they contracted out the brush jobs. But they are also way past the completion deadline. I imagine those people that were contacted to brush planned on having them finish 3-4 weeks ago. I would not be surprised if they have told the state they can no longer get brush to put on the blinds.

West_Tn

One of my first thoughts when the State discussed taking control of the blinds is how in the world will they ever get them all brushed every season and keeped them brushed. I understand they contracted out the brush jobs. But they are also way past the completion deadline. I imagine those people that were contacted to brush planned on having them finish 3-4 weeks ago. I would not be surprised if they have told the state they can no longer get brush to put on the blinds.
And I hope the people contracted to brush the blinds lay all the blame at the feet of TWRA for not having the blinds built and ready to be brushed by the date they said they would.

younggun308

2-Step Enabled
And I hope the people contracted to brush the blinds lay all the blame at the feet of TWRA for not having the blinds built and ready to be brushed by the date they said they would.

My understanding was that the building and brushing contractors were one and the same. Is that not the case?

Uncle Jesse

I live close to Woods Reservoir and just recently saw a convoy of game warden trucks and trailers loaded with building materials headed toward the river. I thought they had them built already on Woods but I've been busier than a centipede at a toe counting contest so I don't know

Latest posts