Old Hickory Blinds

Blue Water Buck

We are trying to decide if we are going to put in for Camden or Old Hickory year long Blinds. We know nothing about Old Hickory but it's much closer to the house.

Figure if we're just gonna watch a sunrise over decoys and eat a good breakfast might as well do it here vs 3-4 hours away.

Anyone got anything info wise that could help would be appreciated before we apply. Thanks in advance!

WilcoKen

Old Hickory is terrible. Years ago it was pretty good but now its just awful.

Polarkraft

Old Hickory is terrible. Years ago it was pretty good but now its just awful.
What he said. 10-15 years ago there were a few blinds on the lake that were really good. That being said, something has changed, not sure what. Even the best blinds aren't worth the trouble.
I was a duck fanatic hunting 45-60 days a year through college. That lasted until I was about 26, now it's all I can do to convince myself to get out of bed for any blind on old hickory. To much work for 10 or 15 birds a year in some blinds

THE DUKE

What he said. 10-15 years ago there were a few blinds on the lake that were really good. That being said, something has changed, not sure what. Even the best blinds aren't worth the trouble.
I was a duck fanatic hunting 45-60 days a year through college. That lasted until I was about 26, now it's all I can do to convince myself to get out of bed for any blind on old hickory. To much work for 10 or 15 birds a year in some blinds
Agree, the crops they plant are horrible. They seem to not spray the weeds so crops can grow, if crops get flooded they want replant.

Latest posts