Thanks Beretta... excellent quality control (not!)

TNReb

Picked up a 12g Silver Pigeon (new) a couple of weeks ago. Right out of the box, it will not extract shells from the top barrel. I called Beretta and they'll pay for me to ship it and get it fixed under warranty. They said the turn around time could be 1-2 weeks or "a few months".

If this had been an issue that developed over time, I could be a little more understanding. I do not see how a gun can leave the factory like this.

I am pretty irritated, but it seems there's not much I can do other than ship it off and hope it doesn't take too long.

JimFromTN

You are actually lucky. I had to send something back to ruger for warranty work and I had to pay $60, $30 to ship it there and $30 to ship it back. I have never bought a ruger firearm since and have no plans to ever buy anything of theirs again. Oh, and I had to wait 6 months.

TNRifleman

I had an issue with a Bergara trigger where I could not adjust it down and it would not get below 4 lbs. I called them and they sent out a new trigger free of charge and no cost to ship. Had it in hand in 3 days. Quickly becoming a HUGE fan of Bergara.

rukiddin

When I was shooting a lot of clays and around the shotgun crowd. It was common knowledge that beretta and browning had the worst customer service of any of the gun manufacturers. I experienced the terrible browning customer service first hand and had several buddies have terrible experiences with beretta.

Every shooter I knew, unless sponsored by the gun company, always had any work done by Briley. Yeah they had to pay, but most said they'd rather pay than deal with the nightmare of beretta or browning customer service.

jlanecr500

I bought a new Henry 45-70 lever action a few years ago. I bought it because it had really nice ghost ring sights and didn't look cheap like a Marlin. Anyway, it did not cycle shells like it should so I called Henry and the tech said to oil it and cycle a bunch of shells thru it. So, I did. Come time to hunt with it, it jammed and I almost had an accidental discharge while trying to unload it. I sent it back to Henry and got it back about 6 weeks later. It had a new barrel. The ghost ring sights were gone and were replaced with crappy Marlin style sights. I called them asking why and was told that is the way they are now. I sold the gun at a loss before ever shooting it because it pissed me off to look at the crap they sent back.

pressfit

I think I have bought 4 NAA 22's.. I have sent 2-3 of them back because they would not fire all the rounds.. ??

rukiddin

jlanecr500":ho28n7lt said:
I bought a new Henry 45-70 lever action a few years ago. I bought it because it had really nice ghost ring sights and didn't look cheap like a Marlin. Anyway, it did not cycle shells like it should so I called Henry and the tech said to oil it and cycle a bunch of shells thru it. So, I did. Come time to hunt with it, it jammed and I almost had an accidental discharge while trying to unload it. I sent it back to Henry and got it back about 6 weeks later. It had a new barrel. The ghost ring sights were gone and were replaced with crappy Marlin style sights. I called them asking why and was told that is the way they are now. I sold the gun at a loss before ever shooting it because it pissed me off to look at the crap they sent back.

I bought my dad a new Henry 22 rifle for his birthday. I never looked at it. When he opened the box, the stock was split. I called Henry the following morning and they were extremely apologetic. They overnighted a brand new stock to my dad. I was pretty impressed with that!

DaveB

TNReb--
Just had this thought. Wonder if the manufacturer figured the rifles would be Display or Safe queens? They are a little pricey for the duck blind or pheasant fields.

Snowwolfe

JimFromTN":2bnkvhz9 said:
You are actually lucky. I had to send something back to ruger for warranty work and I had to pay $60, $30 to ship it there and $30 to ship it back. I have never bought a ruger firearm since and have no plans to ever buy anything of theirs again. Oh, and I had to wait 6 months.

Thats unfortunate. I had to return 3 handguns to Ruger in the last 2 years. They paid for shipping both ways and all were fixed and returned within 10 business days.

Hardwoodmaterials

I bought a brand new Ruger M77 MarkII All Weather in 270WSM. You was lucky to keep 3 in an 8 inch circle at 100yds. Gun shop owner and I tried 2 sets of mounts/rings, 3 scopes and every brand of ammo we could find. Finally I paid to ship it back to Ruger. They sent it back and said it was fine. Took it to the range and it was exactly the same. Called Ruger and sent it a second time on my dime! They sent it back again and said it was fine. Back to the range and still couldn't keep 3 on a paper plate! I called them and was informed that if a gun goes boom it's good enough for them and they don't guarantee accuracy in any way! Luckily for me the shop owner, who witnessed it all himself, took it back and gave me full value toward another rifle. That was the last Ruger I bought and I don't even consider them when I'm shopping for a new gun. Too many good companies out there to deal with that type customer service!

rthayes

Hardwoodmaterials":ns6c6b0z said:
I bought a brand new Ruger M77 MarkII All Weather in 270WSM. You was lucky to keep 3 in an 8 inch circle at 100yds. Gun shop owner and I tried 2 sets of mounts/rings, 3 scopes and every brand of ammo we could find. Finally I paid to ship it back to Ruger. They sent it back and said it was fine. Took it to the range and it was exactly the same. Called Ruger and sent it a second time on my dime! They sent it back again and said it was fine. Back to the range and still couldn't keep 3 on a paper plate! I called them and was informed that if a gun goes boom it's good enough for them and they don't guarantee accuracy in any way! Luckily for me the shop owner, who witnessed it all himself, took it back and gave me full value toward another rifle. That was the last Ruger I bought and I don't even consider them when I'm shopping for a new gun. Too many good companies out there to deal with that type customer service!
. Is beretta not located in Galatin now? Did you try taking it directly to them?

Hunter 257W

The only gun I've ever returned to the manufacturer for warranty work was a Remington 552 22LR. I'd had the gun a year or two but the front corner of the bolt literally broke off and fell out and was lost. I called Remington and they said send it back. I have no idea if they paid me back for the shipping or not but I didn't mind paying what little it cost. They fixed it free of charge and got it back to me without a very long wait. Was it a couple weeks or a couple months? Honestly I don't recall. I know I was happy with it at the time and it's worked perfectly ever since. Other than this I've always just taken my guns apart and figured out what was wrong with them myself rather than trying to involve the manufacturer. A Mossberg 500 that wouldn't release the slide after firing is one I recall that was fixed with a little filing on the proper part. A NEF muzzle loader that didn't have enough firing pin protrusion was another where careful grinding on the hammer face fixed the problem.

MR Yote

JimFromTN":4f136v4b said:

I called Ruger to get a single six fitted & timed for a .22 lr cylinder last fall & they paid shipping there & back AND gave me a new cylinder for FREE! I was out $0 & a couple weeks. I own more Ruger firearms than any other make. I WILL continue to buy them because of that.

Latest posts