Henry Homesteader 9mm Flop or not??

Rgrinstead

It's definitely a flop. I encourage you to watch Honest Outlaw's review on youtube. Myself? I'm a huge Henry fan. When I first saw the reveal of the Homesteader I immediately started scouring the internet for the best price I could find. I thought myself lucky to find one for less than $800 on sportmans.com website. However, and my good fortune, the delivery was delayed.
In the interim, I saw Honest Outlaw's review and instantly called up Sportsman's customer service and cancelled my order. They said they would take care of it, no problem. So today, 4/28/23 I get a call from my local Sportsman's Warehouse telling me my gun had arrived a few days ago, but while doing an inspection, it was revealed that the forearm had a bad crack in it. I told the guy I had already cancelled the order weeks ago and that I'm glad I did because it seems Henry really dropped the ball on this firearm.

backyardtndeer

That is not appealing to me at all. Guess if it came down to wanting an ugly 9 mm or other pistol caliber carbine, I could always get a hi point and save a lot.

PillsburyDoughboy

Rather have a knock off M1 carbine
Definitely a fine carbine and with the right ammo a game getter. Honestly I would recommend a rifle in a rifle caliber over anything but the .30 cal carbine is entry level. 9MM Carbines are nothing more than glorified pistols with a shoulder stock. Sure you can make hits better with it. But why not get a real rifle?? :)

rukiddin

My neighbor just bought one to keep on his side by side. I was really let down when I held it. Stock is wood but forearm looks like wood, has a cheap thin plastic feel to it. He'd ran 3-400 rounds through it with suppressor with no issues whatsoever but he did say it sure felt cheap to be $900……..

348Winchester

At a glance it is similar to the old Winchester self-loaders. The models 1903, 1905, 1907, 1910, and the 63. Those were really good rifles I have owned them all. I still own a 1903 and a 63.

The new henry would look a lot better without that horrible recoil pad.

Latest posts