Beretta 92FS 9mm ?

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
Back several years ago I bought one of these from a member here.
Call me silly but I have wanted one ever since the lethal weapon movie came out. :D

Anyway, it was one of my dream guns and I ended up having to sell it.
I sold it to someone on here. I can see his face, know where he works but can't remember his screen name for squat. LOL

Anyway, I was just wondering if anyone on here happened to have one that they would sell?

Of course I want to spend as little as possible. ;)

Thought it was worth a shot anyway. :D

DaveB

RUGER-

My son purchased this one off Gunbroker. Seems like this is a pretty good deal. We went back to buy more but sold out. Mebbe you send email to seller? This one was brandnew as advertised with two mags and typical Beretta stuff.

*SALE! Beretta 92FS Italian 9mm NIB 92 FS JS92F300M

SPI Guns A+(3494) Has FFLTop 10 Seller
hourglass_empty
Awaiting Feedback
Sale Date 1/18/2020
Total Price: $428.00
Sale Price: $428.00
1 Qty

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
Thank ya sir.
A buddy of mine was telling me about one priced that same amount last night.

Thought I would try to find a used one to save a little money but may end up going the new route.
Probably be better anyway.

WTM

to be authentic the lethal weapon pistol was a 92f aka m9. the lethal weapon 2 pistol was a 92fs.

the same 92f that was used in lethal weapon was also used in die hard. that pistol currently resides in the NRA museum.

there is one on gunbroker for $300.

WTM

Jcalder":16n617d0 said:
Nvm. Just looked again and it's a Taurus 92

basically an upgraded beretta made in a factory that was bought from baretta after their contract ran out with the brazillians. some folks with short fingers and thumbs could probably shoot it better due to the frame mounted safety/decocker and a little different trigger. they had some problems with their magazines that they supposedly corrected.

Carlos

I don't mean to sound like a broken record, but have you tried the SIG P365 or P365XL yet?

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
Carlos":fgpl647d said:
I don't mean to sound like a broken record, but have you tried the SIG P365 or P365XL yet?

Honestly I'm not sure.
My buddy has a pretty extensive collection of pistols.
I do know I shot the shield and really liked it.
I shot several of his Sigs as well but which exact ones I have no clue.

The Beretta I want simply because I just want one. :D

DaveB

We were at the range yesterday, drizzled the entire time but Son fired about 75 rounds through his 92FS.

It is accurate, which surprised me for some reason. No malfunctions-cheapest Rem FMJ I could find.

I guess pistol guys know about this circle diagram that says if your bullets are hitting here, do this or that.

Son fired a few, popped open that diagram, made an adjustment and I am not kidding the POI changed. A few more references and he began to enlarge the same hole in the target.

get home clean pistol and all moving parts are unmarked and moving a lot more smoothly.

Nice gun, thats for sure.

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
WTM":2gzz8op1 said:
to be authentic the lethal weapon pistol was a 92f aka m9. the lethal weapon 2 pistol was a 92fs.

the same 92f that was used in lethal weapon was also used in die hard. that pistol currently resides in the NRA museum.

there is one on gunbroker for $300.

Yep, when I first started looking around I really didn't think the fs sounded right but wasn't sure.

WTM

DaveB":36rua0sh said:
We were at the range yesterday, drizzled the entire time but Son fired about 75 rounds through his 92FS.

It is accurate, which surprised me for some reason. No malfunctions-cheapest Rem FMJ I could find.

I guess pistol guys know about this circle diagram that says if your bullets are hitting here, do this or that.

Son fired a few, popped open that diagram, made an adjustment and I am not kidding the POI changed. A few more references and he began to enlarge the same hole in the target.

get home clean pistol and all moving parts are unmarked and moving a lot more smoothly.

they are really good pistols as long as they are not abused, cleaned and lubed after a couple hundred rounds. same basic rules for any automatic really. +p ammo will kill any automatic if shot too much. the cracked slide business was caused by a bad batch of slides and a bad batch of ammo from winchester on the m9/92f. the locking blocks on the newer production runs were upgraded but still need to be inspected every time you clean it.

you probably know this, but some folks dont clean their pistols well enough, especially the slide rails. leave carbon build up in the slide rails and then lube it then youve just created lapping compound in the rails.

cardia10

WTM":14a2wgta said:
DaveB":14a2wgta said:

they are really good pistols as long as they are not abused, cleaned and lubed after a couple hundred rounds. same basic rules for any automatic really. +p ammo will kill any automatic if shot too much. the cracked slide business was caused by a bad batch of slides and a bad batch of ammo from winchester on the m9/92f. the locking blocks on the newer production runs were upgraded but still need to be inspected every time you clean it.

you probably know this, but some folks dont clean their pistols well enough, especially the slide rails. leave carbon build up in the slide rails and then lube it then youve just created lapping compound in the rails.

Totally agree. Have had 2 over the years and are solid guns if maintained well. About like any good gun I guess!

Latest posts