Remington Quality

dogsled

2-Step Enabled
Foreign made, but I have three Tikkas….slickest bolts, best triggers and maybe the best out of the box accuracy of a stock factory rifle I have used in their price range…..I have a few of the "Remington when they were Remington" rifles….
I'm a lefty. Ditched my Remington 700 years ago after I bought my first commercial Mauser, made by Heym. Fantastic quality. Also have a Tikka, Savage and a Husqvarna, all left handed. My dad was a die hard Remington man, but as much as I hate to say it, I will never buy another (new) Remington.

Last edited:

Kimber45

I love to handle different rifles… all kinds. Is Remington the same as the Remington of old, No. But it seems to me that all the Older Manufacturers have done the same thing. They've all looked for ways to build what they market as inexpensively as possible, so to remain in the game. I know of several newer Remingtons that guys have .. that are great shooters. I've also heard some stories about junk quality. I can say the same about Christensen Arms "expensive guns" in regards to being very hit/miss. The newer Remingtons don't scare me at all, but the Bergara and Tikka folks seem to have the upper hand right now on quality-accuracy/consistency.

DaveB

I have 3 Remington;s in the house. Old (243), fairly new(30/06), and new(270).

The Remington name has a long way to go to get back to the 243 level of quality.

As for other makes I will refrain from comment as I do not own any of them.

Lost Lake

My 2004 Remington 700 Classic chambered for 8mm Mauser (8x57) is as good in quality as any Remington that I've ever handled, and I'd put it up against any past models. I can't speak for the newest models.

SSlater

I shoot a cZ 550 30-06.

The new Remington CDL 30-06 I handled seemed very well made. I would have no issue owning one.

Last Remington I owned was a Mountain Rifle in 30-06 from the mid 90s. It was a fantastic shooter. Wish I still had it. I'm thinking of looking for another.

oldmanelrod

2-Step Enabled
I saw a new Remington 700 CDL ? in 30-06 a couple months ago. Absolutely beautiful rifle but it was $1200.00

I think I paid $500 for my mountain rifle in the late 90s.
I have had a 700 mountain in 270 since '93 and have had zero problems. Any scrapes or scares in the wood come from almost 30 years of climbing the hills of Lincoln and Moore Counties. Lots of rounds fired in it and it is still going strong. Also paid around $500 for mine.

Latest posts