Texas @ alabama

Bamamonts

Wondered how his press conference went. After watching some of it, I came to the same conclusion as this Bama fan. The other comments are gold also.
I watched the press conference and I like the way he handled it. He took the blame for the loss while praising the fans for creating a great atmosphere.
There is no doubt that the team last year and so far this year is not playing to the standard that he has set.

JBell

I had my reservations, even after they tried to hype up milroes performance last week. And all the hype around the extra big O line. Texas defense was fast, but milroe was lost. He stepped into the rush numerous times. Most of his passes that were caught were good plays by receivers. Mostly high passes. Then threw into heavy coverage numerous times. If they ain't gonna cut him loose running, they need to groom another qb.

DayDay

2-Step Enabled
Hats off to Texas. That played a great game.
That one stings. I've been excited all week about this game. I really thought Bama would roll. OLine was an issue. They couldn't protect the QB and he made several poor decisions.
Bama ran the ball as well as can be expected with the lack of a consistent passing game.
Hopefully Bama can shake it off and improve.
Congrats to Texas and Roll Tide!
Some of the same problems as last season even with a new offensive coordinator and a new defensive coordinator.
  • Poor pass rush
  • poor pass protection
  • opponents getting wide open downfield
  • too many penalties
  • receivers may be a little better but still struggling to get separation
The quarterback has not shown that he can make the decisions and the accurate short-to-intermediate throws to keep the offense on the field. He can make some athletic plays to get out of trouble but has not shown that he "has it" as a quarterback. The line did not protect him so that made it tougher but he still didn't know how to work up in what little pocket existed or release a quick throw.

Spurhunter

Your first sentence is the same thought I had about Milton. After the orange bowl, I wanted to believe but it was fool's gold.
I am trying to stay optimistic about Milton, but I read a post and I'm afraid the person that said it is right: If he hasn't learned to throw accurately by now he never will. If the receiver is standing dead still Milton can hit him between the numbers almost every time, but he cannot throw to a spot or hit a moving target.

UCStandSitter

I am trying to stay optimistic about Milton, but I read a post and I'm afraid the person that said it is right: If he hasn't learned to throw accurately by now he never will. If the receiver is standing dead still Milton can hit him between the numbers almost every time, but he cannot throw to a spot or hit a moving target.
Or if he does he puts too much mustard on it. I honestly think the speed is more the issue than anything. If the ball werent so zippy they could hang on

MUP

Wondered how his press conference went. After watching some of it, I came to the same conclusion as this Bama fan. The other comments are gold also.

View attachment 194614
I think he has been medicated myself. Seriously. He used to get so mad I thought he would have a stroke, so I think the Dr he sees saw that too and prescribed something for him

TNTreeman

Classy as usual. @Bamamonts , I still have a lot of respect for how you carry yourself. Watching your favorite team get beat can be tough, but carrying yourself with respect and dignity win or lose is the way to be, and something that most sports fans never figure out.

Hats off to you sir
Two of my best friends are from Alabama and big fans. We literally NEVER pick at each other. They both called me last year after the game and I talked about everything BUT the game. Classy folks. Of course they didn't rub it in on me for the last 15 yrs so I didn't them last year. Unless something really changes the Vols will have a few losses this year too. Maybe they were just playin possum against Austin Peay. 🤷🏻

PillsburyDoughboy

Any estimation as to when PBD shows up? I'm guessing Thursday at the earliest .
Present and accounted for.

Tough loss. They happen.

Milroe got a taste of big game. I'm sure he has some tools to reflect on it and move forward.

I can only think how this game reminds me of the 2015 early game with OLE MISS and how it propelled ALABAMA TO a National Championship..ALABAMA will have to play perfect the rest of the season and Nick Saban Knows this.

Roll Tide

SC Manimal

Tough loss. They happen.

Milroe got a taste of big game. I'm sure he has some tools to reflect on it and move forward.

I can only think how this game reminds me of the 2015 early game with OLE MISS and how it propelled ALABAMA TO a National Championship..ALABAMA will have to play perfect the rest of the season and Nick Saban Knows this.

Roll Tide
Good to hear from you PDB. Can't gloat about a win if you don't show up after a loss. I didn't want to read up on Volnation and my team won (kinda).

TNTreeman

Tough loss. They happen.

Roll Tide
Good for you for not hiding too long. The Tide got rolled and it won't be the last time this year. Unfortunately you will probably get to rib the Vols fans next week. Can't take this stuff too seriously.

poorhunter

2-Step Enabled
Alabama fans really need to take this to heart if they believe what it says. I don't want to hear anything about the quarterback or the defense or the refs or the receivers or luck or whatever else. I reminded my good friend of this yesterday and all I heard about were excuses. A simple "yeah, we got beat" would suffice.

Or, take down the sign.

Bamamonts

Alabama fans really need to take this to heart if they believe what it says. I don't want to hear anything about the quarterback or the defense or the refs or the receivers or luck or whatever else. I reminded my good friend of this yesterday and all I heard about were excuses. A simple "yeah, we got beat" would suffice.

Or, take down the sign.
Most of the Bama fans I know and see on message boards admit Texas was the better team as they clearly were. They also talk about what contributed to the loss. Like poor decision and play by the qb, penalties, and lack of execution. I don't think that's making excuses it's just talking about the loss and what contributed to it.

poorhunter

2-Step Enabled
Most of the Bama fans I know and see on message boards admit Texas was the better team as they clearly were. They also talk about what contributed to the loss. Like poor decision and play by the qb, penalties, and lack of execution. I don't think that's making excuses it's just talking about the loss and what contributed to it.
Yep, I can certainly agree with that.

Spurhunter

I know the bama fans will disagree, but am I the only one that thinks the bama team is mostly thugs? I think they are coached that way. Did you notice the last 3 snaps of the game? Texas is in the victory formation, they're up by 10, the game is clearly over, and bama players (especially top thug Dallas Turner) are launching off the ball like it's the 1st quarter? How about a little sportsmanship and learn to lose with class? Just one more reason to hate that classless program.