Texas @ alabama

PalsPal

Could be a turnover-deciding game. It appears that the defensive fronts for both teams are one of their strengths.

Ewers wasn't sharp according to their message board.

IF Texas were to pull it off, it could be a program-defining game for both teams going forward.

TNTreeman

It'll be interesting to see. I just feel like Texas will win. Teams show huge improvements after the first game, Milroe and Ewers may look much improved. The gumps may be world beaters this year, I just don't think so .

Boll Weevil

This game last year bama had like 17 penalties…if they ain't got that mess cleaned up UT will whip their arses.

Last edited:

THEdonkey0515

Just hoping for a close good game.

Someone said Ole Manning was listed as the 3ed string during last week's game thought that was kinda odd.

JBell

I'm not completely sold on milroe just yet. His deep ball looked pretty 2/3 times. But it was mtsu. I'm never sold on how they look until the first test. I feel like they will run a ton or RPO's and use his legs like hurts did. Think they played off last week to set up this week

wayne

Remember where it's being played. Bubba gets more 'no calls' than anyone. You'll know what I'm talking about if you watch the game.
I remember a safety that should have been called that would have possibly changed the outcome of the game last year.

Hduke86

Just hoping for a close good game.

Someone said Ole Manning was listed as the 3ed string during last week's game thought that was kinda odd.
I believe they are trying to redshirt him this year and wanted to give him a few games with more time in the game for experience. What is it like 3-4 games and can still be redshirted?

CBU93

The difference in the speed of the game is astounding. It's like going to a high school game on Friday night and then to an SEC game on Saturday. The difference in game speed is incredible.
Without a doubt…after certain point in an athlete's career speed of the game is the primary difference From one level to the next highest…the only major sport that has a variation might be minor league baseball where the primary difference from AA on is in pitching quality.

What a lot of folks don't get due to the amount of smack talk around college football (here and other places) is just how good DI athletes really are. In every sport. And how each level of good college teams are really good…the difference once again is in speed and size. Any body can beat anybody on any given day…it may not be likely in most matchups, but it is definitely possible.

THEdonkey0515

I believe they are trying to redshirt him this year and wanted to give him a few games with more time in the game for experience. What is it like 3-4 games and can still be redshirted?
Something like that.

Texas was up 37-3 against Rice in the 3ed. They are not gonna get 3 or 4 more chance this year to get a back up QB in with a 30pt lead in the 3ed quarter.

poorhunter

2-Step Enabled
I gotta take Bama at home at night. I don't think there is a doubt who the better coach is.
Bama by 10 or more Texas 17 Bama 28.
I see this game playing out similar to this. Texas will be too amped up, shoot their wad and not be ahead, and then collapse.