Tennessee vs Pitt

Displaced_Vol

Also, why was Evans out? I never did hear? I thought I heard them talking about Carvin snapping the ball so I assume Cooper didn't play.

Kirk

I watched more of it than I had intended to. The game started out good for Tennessee. The one thing I saw happen several times was Tennessee receivers wide open and QB overthrows. Not just a couple times, at least 5 or 6 trot into the end zone, type of wide open. When they were going for the TD to tie it up, they ran right into the teeth of the defense. They looked better in some facets of the game than they did under Pruitt. I don't expect any real success against Florida, Ole Miss, or Missouri. They might beat Tenn tech and South Carolina. Alabama and Georgia will thump them. They might go 500 but I doubt it.

Gravey

Was on the lake with my wife and didn't see any of it but from what I've read it seems there were way too many mistakes to beat the blind school. Missed throws, poor tackling, sloppy o-line play, stupid penalties, etc. The one positive I read in multiple places is they played hard and never quit. Didn't think they'd be world beaters this year as they lost 20+ to the portal but was sure hoping for a W today.

PalsPal

Was on the lake with my wife and didn't see any of it but from what I've read it seems there were way too many mistakes to beat the blind school. Missed throws, poor tackling, sloppy o-line play, stupid penalties, etc. The one positive I read in multiple places is they played hard and never quit. Didn't think they'd be world beaters this year as they lost 20+ to the portal but was sure hoping for a W today.

I didn't watch either, thankfully, but did hear parts of the first half on the radio. I told my wife that if you squander chances early, it will come back to bite you.

QB play will continue to hold this team back. I still can't believe Bailey is 3rd team. He must really be stinking it up in practice.

buckaroo

And this isn't first down?

Attachments

• 1E5E86C5-EC4F-4852-9713-2AF61E6B60F8.png
    1E5E86C5-EC4F-4852-9713-2AF61E6B60F8.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 64

tnanh

Ut defense was on fire until a little over half way through the 2nd quarter and got gassed. It was obvious how tired they were. That is a very difficult fix at this point in season. Also very inexcusable for coaching staff. Defense penalties were also terrible.

wayne

Tennessee played a solid opponent with a new scheme after 30+ players transferred, lost the starting qb, 2 rb's out, starting center out, best wr out, best defensive player not available and 3 turnovers. And it was still a 1 score game.

PillsburyDoughboy

When 5 Rushing Carries for 54 yards is carried out by your QB Milton... Coach Josh Heupel needs to look in the mirror and totally change the way his offense is playing. Throwing deep balls on carry after carry with a QB with no precision is not going to work. This is a game of inches not yards. When he figures that out vols will have a football team.

Grandslam11

Fans were BOOing Milton for all his overthrows. The atmosphere in the stadium was great. This team lost ALOT of their best players and will continue to improve. I was glad to see them not give up. Like I said earlier, losing and scoring 30 points is still alot more fun to watch that losing and scoring 15. I went in thinking a win on this game would be really big for UT so the loss isn't surprising. Their QB is really good. I am looking forward to the rest of the season but know the Vols will take some major beatings.

TreyB

Tennessee played a solid opponent with a new scheme after 30+ players transferred, lost the starting qb, 2 rb's out, starting center out, best wr out, best defensive player not available and 3 turnovers. And it was still a 1 score game.
And it was still PITT. I get what ur saying but TN should not lose to teams like that.

LY

Throwing most of the deep balls didn't bother me, you've got to try and you don't really know if he can't hit them until he doesn't. What got me was after missing on several he threw one deep on a third down play in the first quarter. That one got me, around mid-field early in the game and he goes for a low (very low) percentage deep throw instead of a first down and keeping the drive alive.

Dbllunger

Tennessee is a lower tier SEC team. Average at best and pathetic mostly. Milton is a joke on his balls thrown more than 15 yards downfield. Two weeks in a row that they can't cover the spread. Keep it up Vols, my wallet is getting fatter.

Latest posts