Tennessee vs Pitt

TNReb

No.protection? Milton has been allowed to stay in the pocket for what seems like forever. Excuses excuses.
I just turned the game on and saw two sacks in two straight series where Pitt went right through the line. Admittedly hadn't seen the rest of the game before that.

PillsburyDoughboy

I just turned the game on and saw two sacks in two straight series where Pitt went right through the line. Admittedly hadn't seen the rest of the game before that.
Pitt defense started off total garbage but did a good job making adjustments throughout the game on both sides of the ball. vols have done much less of making adjustments and in smaller increments.

vols offense is going to get totally destroyed when they go against a elite defense like ALABAMA, Florida or Georgia.

gobblegrunt

What I say last week? That hurry up offense was going to get exploited first time a team was able to send out fresh bodies on the next drive.
vols should send both hooker and Milton to the middle east to overthrow Afghanistan
Without Hooker the Vols are not even in this game. You obviously haven't been watching.

Displaced_Vol

What's the Vols fans honest thoughts on this matchup?
I think our defense will have a fair showing. I thought they looked pretty good last week although subpar opponent. Tackling technique seemed 100% improved over whatever that past "defensive genius" head coach as his minions were teaching. Hoping our DLine can get disrupt their Oline and get pressure on the qb.

I think how our offense performs will be the difference in a win or a loss this week. I'm trying not to be too quick to judge our qb after last week. I was extremely underwhelmed with his performance and style of play though if I'm being honest. But it was one game and week one at that. Here is to hoping he makes a huge leap from week one to week two. Tiyon Evan's most likely is out this week. I thought he was the best looking offensive player last week and really think he will have a great career here. But we have a stable of good running backs and I don't think his absence is a deal breaker. Hopefully the wide receivers can handle the fast balls this week.

all and all this is going to be a tough game. I will not be shocked by the outcome either way as Pittsburg is certainly going to put up a fight.

Go Big Orange!!
🍊 🍊 🍊
This is what I thought going into it 100%.
Ends up I didn't get to watch a down. Listened to most, albeit the end of the game was on a less than ideal radio in the tractor so I don't have a great idea what went down.
The main take away I had was penalties! Sounds like we couldn't get out of our own way. I heard Jeremy banks and Theo Jackson's name a lot on defense. Seems like Hooker played pretty well but the radio came in loud and clear for that last interception lol, so what's it matter if you can't do it when it matters I guess.
So, not much to add but definitely not surprised. Long way to go and I hope Hyatt's injury isn't serious.

Latest posts