SureShot Thumbhole Shotgun Stocks

4onaside

Remington touts their new stock as the greatest thing since the invention of white bread. Has anyone used them, and if so, what's the verdict?

DBLAARCHERY

4onaside said:
Remington touts their new stock as the greatest thing since the invention of white bread. Has anyone used them, and if so, what's the verdict?
I just bought and installed one on my 870...I likee...I feel that I can hold more steady with it...I bought it off ebay for $76.00 free shipping...Check on ebay first...If you have questions feel free to PM me...

4onaside

Thanks, DBLAARCHERY,
Cabela's have them for $69.99 black, and $79.99 camo. Since the stock that I would take off is black and since I usually hunt in blinds that have black interiors, I would probably go for the black. They look interesting to me, not only for the pistol grip, but for the raised comb which would probably be a little more "cheek friendly". I have $50 in Cabela's gift cards(Christmas), so I'll probably order one out.

DBLAARCHERY

Here is mine...Camo not the same but it works...
IMGP2189.jpg

4onaside

Good looking rig, not to mention your cutie who is holding it! As is often the case with my deals, which adds to the fun of the sport, I have changed direction. I got my 870 out and shouldered it, and realized that I really have to get down on the stock to get the proper sight picture from my tru-glo front sight(which is great). When I do, the comb of my synthetic stock, which is pretty sharp, kinda bites your cheek, and particularly so when shooting a 3",2oz.shell. So, for less than 20 bucks, I ordered a Kick eez cheek protector from MidwayUSA. Hopefully, that will solve the problem that I suppose I was trying to solve in the first place. Now I just hope that I have some turkeys to shoot it at this spring. lol Thanks for your input.

Grizzly Johnson

Well I brokedown an ordered one for my 870 last night. They must be the greatest thing because Cabela's, Bass pro, and a couple other places I checked were SOLD OUT and on backorder. I did manage to find one and it should be here in a few days. Also picked up the NWTF addition Leupold 2x7x33 scope to top it off.

Grizzly Johnson

Thanks brother, it has already taken 4 birds from this past spring with the older pistol grip stock on it. I like the Shurshot Thumbhole alot better though. Can't wait to try out the new scope!!

Grizzly Johnson

Yep, 1187/1100 & 870 models. They come with the bolt needed to install on your gun. The only thing you might need to do is grind/cut/file down the extended pad that fits up against the heel of the action, where the nut for the stock bolt threads into. You will see what I am talking about if it needs trimming.

Latest posts