Scoped shotgun

knightrider

Congrats. I have a 410 I am debating scoping instead of red dotting. My eyesight isn't the great and thought it might work better. I will probably end up with the red dot due to cost and weight.
I have this on a stevens 301 410 and its perfect far as eye relief and weight
TRUGLO 4x32mm Compact Rimfire and Shotgun Scope Series https://www.amazon.com/dp/B001EYDQ02/

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

knightrider

Eye Relief is your friend.
Ive got almost 5 in of eye relief on that setup just the way i was try to shoot righ side orund the tree i was outta position and it let the stock slip up over my shoulder head was out of position and wham! Ive killed 43 birds with that combo first time i ever got to close lol

Pic IN the Casa

Ive got almost 5 in of eye relief on that setup just the way i was try to shoot righ side orund the tree i was outta position and it let the stock slip up over my shoulder head was out of position and wham! Ive killed 43 birds with that combo first time i ever got to close lol
Not scope eye but once I was in a pop up blind, sitting on a 3 legged stool and got myself all contorted then pulled the trigger. Me, the stool and the blind flipped completely backwards. LOL.

Wrangler95

930 actually, been using the 20 last few years and thought i would take ole betsy out for a birthday stroll, she made me pay for ignoring her for so long😂
I had a 835 for years and sold it because I didnt like the heavy recoil,bought a 935 semi and recoil wasnt as bad but still hurts!I'm in the market next year for either a 20 ga or 28 ga.On your 20ga,whats your effective range?

TN Larry

That is great range for a good pattern and I have hardly ever shot one over 45 yards with my 12 ga!Thanks for the reply!
I'd highly recommend the 20 ga and shoot TSS 9 shot. It's a game changer in the smaller gauges with less recoil in a light weight gun. I switched to a 20 in 2017, and it shoots as good or better than my 3.5" 12 ga with lead. The effective range is farther than you should be shooting at a turkey. Here's my pattern with hand loaded TSS #9s with a youth 870 20 ga. Several people on here are shooting as good or better of a pattern as mine with a 20.

13E292E8-20D3-4273-A9EB-3F54BD4A58AB.jpeg

Wrangler95

I'd highly recommend the 20 ga and shoot TSS 9 shot. It's a game changer in the smaller gauges with less recoil in a light weight gun. I switched to a 20 in 2017, and it shoots as good or better than my 3.5" 12 ga with lead. The effective range is farther than you should be shooting at a turkey. Here's my pattern with hand loaded TSS #9s with a youth 870 20 ga. Several people on here are shooting as good or better of a pattern as mine with a 20.

View attachment 176495
I'm leaning toward a 20 ga,thanks for your reply!